Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Frog Lube

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by circlepranch, Jan 20, 2013.

1. circlepranch

circlepranch Battle Ground Wa Active Member

Anyone useing it? Opinions on using it on AR

2. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I have used it for over a year on all my firearms, knives, some tools..........great stuff!

3. SigPacker

SigPacker Auburn, WA Active Member

I havent used it personally, I'll give some to the frogs in our pond and see what they think, they're a bunch of horny toads.

xd45acp and (deleted member) like this.
  4. nick1980

nick1980 Portland, OR Active Member

good stuff, use it on all my guns including AR's

5. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Relatively new user but I like it a lot. I use it on all my guns. A little bit goes a long way so a small bottle should last quite awhile.

6. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

I like it. Only use it for lube on my AR BCG though

7. nautox

nautox Kirkland, WA Member

I use it on the exterior of my guns, I like the way it looks and that it's not oily. I think it makes a great protectant.
    However, I don't have much faith in it for metal on metal contact ... and I think they know it too.
    They don't publish any specs and the MSDS is of the food grade variety so who knows whats in there.
    They keep saying "just use it and you'll like it" and "trust us, we wouldn't lie"
    And then throw in the Civil war cannon/Navy seals snake oil salesman pitch and then the stuff turns out
    to be kind of legit so they try to back-pedal fiasco and everyone is more confused than ever.
    Hope this helps.

8. nivlak

nivlak Spokane New Member

I have used it. I like it because it doesn't run all over and I can apply it in thin coats. Supposedly the Frog Lube people say it is good to heat the metal up a bit for it to "soak" into the metal.

Not to mention it smells nice! :thumbup:

9. bigdadytid

bigdadytid Vancouver, WA Member

I'm a recent convert to it (im old school CLP, if it causes cancer, im a goner). So far, so good