JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We as gun owners need to stop following the example of the President. We need to stop segmenting America and gun owners. I am a Conservative Independent. I have friends that are conservatives, liberals, etc. It's going to take all of us to stop this abuse of our rights. Liberal democrats like Ginny Burdick are not likely going to care about the same conservative republicans emailing her over and over, but maybe she listens if her bread and butter liberal democrat gun owners start emailing her. She (and other democratic, typically anti-gun politicians) has shown that she can get elected without conservative votes. But if her liberal democrat constituents make a stink, maybe she realizes its a losing battle. And its not just her. Merkely, Kulongowski (or is it Kitzhaber, or are they the same), and Wyden.
Let's stop segmenting gun owners. Lets work together until all gun owners have the same goal (like the anti-gun crowd). Then maybe we can avoid the events that would precipitate the kind of downfall this author described...

Exactly, segment the politician's base that elected them.

Instead of blaming people based who they voted for, get some of them to express their opinions to their representatives. I know a number of really liberal people who own, would like to own, or like shooting the weapons that are slated to be banned. I'm encouraging these people to write their representatives too.

Sorry, I couldn't finish reading this. The author sounds like he breathlessly hopes such a scenerio will happen. I do not.

Whatever happens, it will not be a bunch of 'operators' skillfully making the good old USofA safe for Mom and apple pie. It'll be the same bloodthirsty neighbor-on-neighbor lawlessness, suffering, disease and death we've seen everywhere else the civil society breaks apart.

Keith

Gospel truth. I'm getting damn sick of these guys with hardons for apocalypse. Is your life seriously so bubbleguming bland? Take up rock climbing or parasailing or crime or something.

Gospel truth. I'm getting damn sick of these guys with hardons for apocalypse. Is your life seriously so bubbleguming bland? Take up rock climbing or parasailing or crime or something.

The reason I even posted this thing in the first place was just for information. You are absolutely correct, there are tons of people who want this stuff to happen. I don't, I've got a wife and kids to think about. I sure as hell want to know what people are thinking on this stuff though, there have been many people out there who have tried to do the self fulfilling prophecy thing. I imagine there are others out there like me. Retirement is fairly bland though. Not soldiering any more forces me to pay closer attention to what others are doing in the world.

I think Ben was speaking to the author of the piece, not you. Maybe not, but that's how I read it.

Me, I'm glad you posted it and for the reasons you stated. I just couldn't finish it, that's all.

Keith

Except that a raid on disarming "dissidents" to the crown in Lexington and Concord was what sparked the first real battle of the American Revolution. Granted there was lots of things that caused the build up. However, a an attempt to disarm the populous did in fact trigger the war.

Funny thing is I bet 90% of the people with said hardons would go running for the hills if actually put in that situation. Its the ones who don't go out of their way to run their mouth that you will see standing beside you if sh1t goes down.

Funny thing is I bet 90% of the people with said hardons would go running for the hills if actually put in that situation. Its the ones who don't go out of their way to run their mouth that you will see standing beside you if sh1t goes down.

agreed...90% that run their mouths back down when it comes to throwing fists

Except that a raid on disarming "dissidents" to the crown in Lexington and Concord was what sparked the first real battle of the American Revolution. Granted there was lots of things that caused the build up. However, a an attempt to disarm the populous did in fact trigger the war.

Nowhere in the grievances of the declaration of independence are weapons mentioned. It's mostly self governance and taxes.

Nowhere in the grievances of the declaration of independence are weapons mentioned. It's mostly self governance and taxes.

Having weapons was a given. People have them & make them regardless of what other people or governments want. It wasn't expected ever to go away or need clarification until 13 years later with the 2nd ammendment. Governance of any type and taxes are not a given, thats something that takes a forcefull hand to force another to make happen.

And even the republicans were ready to hang Janet Reno over that, and she was a conservative I thought. Was I wrong?
Yes you were were/are wrong.

Janet Reno was not only slick willies AG, she was,....

Wait for it,.....

Eric Holder's boss and mentor at the Dept. of (in)Justice, after Clinton appointed him deputy AG!

Most American's couldnt give a rats behind about the Constitution, you're right. But we don't need most American's in the case of resisting tyranny. The attack on the branch dividians by the government directly effected only a hundred or so people. An attack on the second ammendment that states you are an outlaw if you keep your semi auto without registration directly effects 10's of millions of Americans. There's a big difference & I do believe the people that will refuse to register is certainly in the millions. The amount of people willing to fight fire with fire if they decide to come knocking would be in the hundreds of thousands. Which will ultimately set the ball rolling in the same direction that syria is now in. Not pretty and like the author said, nobody will be a winner. But totally neccesary if you wish to resist tyranny.

The hundreds of thousands that will resist, is the spark. The millions that did not comply with the order of registration, would be the fire.

People who would refuse to register will be in the thousands, not millions, not eve hundreds of thousands. The vocal ones will be raided using overwhelming force as to set an example for others who think they can resist.

For better or worse these boards are echo chambers filled with mostly like minded people.
Even a lot of those that visit them and sound defiant will fall in line once they calculate the likely outcomes of what they are saying.
Most that don't register will hide their guns "just in case" and keep that fact a very private secret.

People who would refuse to register will be in the thousands, not millions, not eve hundreds of thousands. The vocal ones will be raided using overwhelming force as to set an example for others who think they can resist.

For better or worse these boards are echo chambers filled with mostly like minded people.
Even a lot of those that visit them and sound defiant will fall in line once they calculate the likely outcomes of what they are saying.
Most that don't register will hide the gun just in case and keep that fact a very private secret.

I still believe that if they go as far as wanting registration on basic semi auto's and 10+round magazines, the people that will refuse to register will be in the millions. Yes like you said most will just hide the gun/ammo/magazines out in the woods with some type of waterproof containers or multiple tied plastic bags with oxygen absorber packets in there. And it may be in the thousands or possibly in the hundreds of thousands that will keep there guns/mags/ammo at home willing to use them with equal force they are given for what is legal right now, as it always should be. Hopefully we never have to find out which is likely because the registration thing on a national level doesn't appear like its gonna happen. Feinstein will get widdled down by her willingness to compromise in order to make something pass. Which is unfortunate cus nothing needs to happen.

I know there are at least a few other combat vets on here from recent wars and we have a LOT more combat experience in urban environments than the vast majority of local authority figures. Personally, I know the kill zones in my house.

Just my 2 cents, why do you think that people are lining up in the winter cold to buy guns and ammo? 2.8 million background checks last month in Oregon alone. 12.9 million for all of 2012 in Oregon alone. Do you really think that everyone is buying guns to let our corrupt government take them away? It will get very interesting very fast if the bubblegum hits the fan.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top