JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
20 years ago my brother and I used to set up at the local gun shows and sell high-end optics. We focused on Binoculars, spotting scopes and rifle scopes. We enjoyed it so we did it for several years. Some of our stuff was expensive so we would often be offered guns and hunting equipment in trade. This was before the current regulations so we would end up with 1 or 2 guns at each show and some great hunting gear. Most of the guns were pretty old. If the person offering the trade was realistic in his value of his trade we would usually do it. As such we ended up with a pretty eclectic collection of firearms. I plan to list them here and complete the transactions at a local gun dealers shop to abide by the current rules.

Welcome!

We will patiently await your new listings!

Take lots of pictures, saves time for you and prospective buyers and opens up the distance someone would be willing to travel, since you can build some confidence in the condition.

Some points to remember:

1) Classifieds have rules - read and obey the rules - especially the one about prices.
2) Be explicit - list make, model, chambering, barrel length - that kind of stuff - don't assume.
3) Photos always help sell, and many people will ignore ads without photos, even if you are very descriptive or if NIB/etc.
4) Individual ads for each gun works better than putting them all in one ad.

High priced items seem to take a while to sell so keep that in mind, also be willing to haggle or make it a steal otherwise you might not get much interest.
We are systemically taught (all of us) that even NIB items are not worth full price if someone bought the item beforehand.
Just my two cents $

Good luck! :s0023:

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

illiteracy-img-434.jpg

Here you go!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR