JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to stop listening 6 minutes into it. If they can't stand to see redneck gun monkey's racking slides and being tacticool, then they should really be at the popcorn stand. When you have an event like that where thousands of people cycle through, what do they expect will happen? The guns are brought there TO BE HANDLED, not made love to and admired from afar. If the manufacturer reps thought otherwise they would have put signs up or restricted access to all of the princess guns. Should they have had only Nerf guns at the tables?
I remember the first time I went to Las Vegas. I noticed everyone in shorts and flip flops. I thought, the good news is that they let everyone in LV these days. Then I thought, the bad news is that they let everyone in LV these days. Same thing applies to everything these days.

Disclaimer: Hey you kids, get off my effing lawn.

Watched the whole thing and I have to agree.
I'm sure Tim Copeland will also agree.

Only I see they didn't cover was manually cocking of the hammer on a FINE TRIGGER JOB.

There's a good reason for the function of the Disconnector.

You revolver guys ya ever see Jerry Mc.
Treat a revolver by flicking the cylinder closed?
He didn't set world records by doing this.

Enuff said... Now you can burn me.
But I stand with Bill and Ken.

Last Edited:
maybe if they made better stuff.

if there new stuff cant handle it than why make junk. I see 1911 1911's still work flawlessly so they must be importing cheap metal.

I cringe when somebody drops the slide on a gun. And dropping the BCG on the AR sounds terrible. And just on the off chance that snapping that cylinder closed can cause premature wear I don't do that either. But then I have rebuilt piston engines, know the inner working and what's going on inside. I cringe when someone is winding them up to redline doing something as silly as burnouts. Or the guy with the mower and the governor is malfunction and it's revving half again more RPMs that it should be. Any piece of machinery with moving parts has a lifespan. Using for it's intended purpose will give it the longest life.

Your opinion may vary. :D

If you reload you "need a life" (8:19 mark) - seriously??

These guys are smart and I actually appreciate the wisdom and experiences they shared, but surprised by some of their opinions and delivery.

Like anything in life, look for and absorb the good; ignore and avoid the bad and move on.

There's starving Pygmies in New Guinea, and THIS is what people worry about?

;)

LOL

My late Mom used to say that there were 'starving people in China or some other country' when I was a kid in the 50's. I used to ask her if I could wrap up some food in my linen napkin and MAIL IT TO THEM.

Food did not get wasted in our home and it was healthy and delicious food.

Old Lady Cate

I did not watch the video.

I do think that if you take care of your firearms that they will take care of you when you need or want to shoot them. Especially in a life or death situation.

My late husband, my law enforcement friends, my military friends and the GUN books that I read had all kinds of information on how you should CARE for and clean your guns.

With that said, I was raised to take care of my belongings no matter what they were.

Later on, when it came to tools and building a house with my late husband - you learned to take care of what you paid good money for from a to z.

Yard equipment from a to z. Quality home furnishings, etc.

My late parents and one specific mentor (Lawyer.) who was my late 'Aunt' Catherine (Not a blood relative but was more of one than my blood relatives. Mom's old best friend in life.) were super strict about such things in life.

My parents taught 3 children to do that and that included all kinds of things in the house not just your clothing, shoes, boots, books, records, jewelry, etc.

My MT husband helped me with some of my personal knives yesterday too. He, my late husband and late Dad are/were VERY picky about knife care.

Things last longer and WORK better when you care for them properly.

Cate

I did not watch the video.

I do think that if you take care of your firearms that they will take care of you when you need or want to shoot them. Especially in a life or death situation.

My late husband, my law enforcement friends, my military friends and the GUN books that I read had all kinds of information on how you should CARE for and clean your guns.

With that said, I was raised to take care of my belongings no matter what they were.

Later on, when it came to tools and building a house with my late husband - you learned to take care of what you paid good money for from a to z.

Yard equipment from a to z. Quality home furnishings, etc.

My late parents and one specific mentor (Lawyer.) who was my late 'Aunt' Catherine (Not a blood relative but was more of one than my blood relatives. Mom's old best friend in life.) were super strict about such things in life.

My parents taught 3 children to do that and that included all kinds of things in the house not just your clothing, shoes, boots, books, records, jewelry, etc.

My MT husband helped me with some of my personal knives yesterday too. He, my late husband and late Dad are/were VERY picky about knife care.

Things last longer and WORK better when you care for them properly.

Cate

Sounds like my Grandmother who grew up in the depression. She saved everything that may be reused for anything else.

This is just stupid. If the guns are works of art or craftsmanship then put them in a case. If they are guns for sale/use they are tools. Run then and run them hard, fix em if/when they break. Also any modern gun should be able to go 2000 rounds with out any malfunctions period. If it does have any then there is something not right.

Note to self.

If I ever meet one of these two in person.

Tactically tactician slide back and forth several times, do a tacticool somersault while releasing slide on empty chamber. Flick wrist the empty mag so it goes 15 feet to the left. The dry fire nine to 100 times, only after performing a dozen or so press checks.

Its funny how old guns such as the 1911 were seen as guns meant to be dragged to hell and back but now seen as works of art you have to be careful with.

Not that I'm saying purposely tie it to the bumper of a truck then drive down a gravel road, but just weird how the view changed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top