JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have friends over and work up loads for their specific guns, and load for them. I like shooting with friends, they pay for the components and I make em ammo.. don't see any issue here and my friends enjoy it as well, hell even turned 2 of em into reloaders themselves.

I have friends over and work up loads for their specific guns, and load for them. I like shooting with friends, they pay for the components and I make em ammo.. don't see any issue here and my friends enjoy it as well, hell even turned 2 of em into reloaders themselves.

just the liability if something goes bad, if they reload it themselves and something happens no liability to you

My family all live in the midwest and hunt whitetail deer annually. I asked them each of they were aware of the ammo shortage. Each looked at me with a surprised look and said they hadn't heard of it. All had more than a half a box (box = 20 rounds) of ammo left for their deer rifles and so should be good for a few years. I just chuckled, they won't be affected by this because they only need 1 cartridge each year to shoot a deer. One shot = one deer, that's the rule. I'll speak to them about it again in another 10 years.

I don't load or sell ammo to them. For close friends only I write down a list of everything they need and tell them if they buy it I will show them how to reload and walk them through the process. Usually after you write out a list of power,primers,bushings,bullets,dies,brass and pilots and it's gonna cost $100-150+ they back out and that's fine with me. :cool:

I try to help when I can.

Out right selling of remanufactured ammo, might be legally not legal.

I like to have friends bring there brass or used brass as part of the trade.
If they can stop by a bi-mart or cabelas, or somewhere and bring primers, they understand some of the reloading costs.

When done trading, must cover cost to replace used componets in the real today market place.

I was out hounding brass today in the Trask unit; and a lot of people were just burning ammo as fast as they could pull the trigger (audio-visual demonstrations). :huh:

I guess it depends on who a person associates with; the circle I am blessed to be in, only shoots what is necessary to zero/confirm, test loads and stay sharp; we pay-forward without question.

We always joke about the "two little pigs" who built crappy-homes & made fun of the 3d pig; but came begging when the wolf came into town.........

:s0113:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads