JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A couple of months ago I stumbled on a recommendation of a pro2a Oregon sheriff that supported and encouraged nonresident (ie Washington) concealed carry licenses.

Now that I'm looking for it I can't find it!

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the OR non-res license? I'm coming from Vancouver.

A couple of months ago I stumbled on a recommendation of a pro2a Oregon sheriff that supported and encouraged nonresident (ie Washington) concealed carry licenses.

Now that I'm looking for it I can't find it!

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the OR non-res license? I'm coming from Vancouver.

You are thinking of the Sheriff in Grant County. Based on my experience, you should have no problem getting your permit in Multnomah County, which is a lot more convenient.

Best,
Gary

I recently got mine from Lake County and I am in CA, but that's probably a 5 hour drive from Vancouver.

I would suggest getting it with Granty County because the person who does all the applications is in Hillsboro about 4-6 days a month and does applications in the back of a CHL/CPL class. When I called Multnomah they said they wouldn't issue to out of state people. Also, last time I checked the wait time in Multnomah was several months.

The Sheriff in Grant County IS a great guy, but he's quite a ways away. I've heard Columbia County (St Helens) is accommodating, too.
However, Sheriff Palmer (Grant County) used to travel to Vancouver once in a while to process CHL Applications. It would be worth a call to find out if he still did.

County Sheriff
Glenn Palmer
205 South Humbolt Street
Canyon City, Oregon 97820
Phone: 541-575-1131
Email: [email protected]

I'm in Vancouver and called around and Was told all Clark county permits had to go thru Multonoma county.

I sent mine in and had no problems getting it - this was earlier this year, so not long ago.

Try Columbia County. The Sheriff there is a great guy. If you do not know where Columbia County is it is where Saint Helens and Scappoose and other nice cities are located. The address for the Sheriff's Office is 901 Port Avenue St. Helens, Or. 97051 503-366-4611

CHL Office

Monday & Tuesday 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
** BY APPOINTMENT ONLY **

I would suggest getting it with Granty County because the person who does all the applications is in Hillsboro about 4-6 days a month and does applications in the back of a CHL/CPL class.

When you say Hillsboro do you mean Washington County? Crap I sent mine in a week ago I didnt think it would be like that. Would be nice if they would tell you these things. Has anyone else gotten theirs from Washington County recently? What was the turn around time?

I'm in Vancouver and called around and Was told all Clark county permits had to go thru Multonoma county.

interesting, when I took the class, instructor told me Multonma country love to accept applications from WA now, because they were loosing money from WA people not going in there.

and from what I heard, WA people can apply anywhere, only OR people have to apply in their county.

and from what I heard, WA people can apply anywhere, only OR people have to apply in their county.

A while back we were inquiring about Washington (state) CHLs and called Clark County. They said nothing to us about what county we were from or where we have to go. It probably only applies to your own state.

When you say Hillsboro do you mean Washington County? Crap I sent mine in a week ago I didnt think it would be like that. Would be nice if they would tell you these things. Has anyone else gotten theirs from Washington County recently? What was the turn around time?

The Grant County Sheriff spends 4-6 days a week in Hillsboro instructing/being part of a CCW class. He will process applications at those classes in the back of the room. You do not have to sign up for the class.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Try Columbia County. The Sheriff there is a great guy. If you do not know where Columbia County is it is where Saint Helens and Scappoose and other nice cities are located. The address for the Sheriff's Office is 901 Port Avenue St. Helens, Or. 97051 503-366-4611

CHL Office

Monday & Tuesday 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
** BY APPOINTMENT ONLY **
He's going to be at the WAC show in October at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. Bring proof that you come to or pass through Columbia County with you.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Okay, Joe13 is right.

Clackcamas

I tried to apply in Clackamas and they told me they are not accepting out of state people.

told me to apply at Multonoma country. :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top