JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for letting me know about this BDA.45. I'm glad you guys were able to locate him today. It felt really overwhelming while I was out driving the roads it was nice knowing you guys where out there.
My prayers go out to family and friends.

It has been a pretty tough day after receiving the new about my friend. I just wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers, advice and search efforts. If it wasn't for your selfless actions who knows how long it would have been till he was found. At least now his family and friends can have some closure. Once again I could never thank you guys enough. You're an amazing group of people.

It has been a pretty tough day after receiving the new about my friend. I just wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers, advice and search efforts. If it wasn't for your selfless actions who knows how long it would have been till he was found. At least now his family and friends can have some closure. Once again I could never thank you guys enough. You're an amazing group of people.

I have been following this thread since it was first posted. The Wolf Creek Road area is the primary location that I've been taking my friends and family for years. I wasn't able to assist until Sunday but now that isn't needed.

I'm truly heartbroken to hear of this outcome. I've only soloed the area twice in the last 5 years but now I don't think that's a good idea any longer.

Words truly cannot convey how this is affecting me. I'm truly sorry for the family and friends of the deceased. I don't know if he was a member of the NWFA forum but it sounds like he was another American that supported the 2A and therefore a Brother.

May the Lord provide comfort to the friends and family. Definitely a sad day for NWFA.

My condolences to the family and friends.

Cheers to those who searched and were able to bring closure to his family and friends.

I pray for those who found him. That can be a burden, but hopefully the peace you have given the family will serve you too.

God bless you guys.

Very hard news. I keep thinking though that people dying while out where they want to be and doing what they want to do is better than the slow death of a hospital bed for the most part.

My thoughts to him and I hope his trip onward is peaceful.

I never heard or seen a peep out of any media source to keep a eye out for this man.
If it wasn't for the people on this forum .who knows when he might have been found
Good job guys and gals

Sorry to hear this. Was following in hopes of good news. Since people here seem to spend time out in that area, should they be alarmed and cautious while there? (Foul play or animal attack?) Or was it natural causes/self inflicted? I only ask as it could be good for members to know they need tk watch their back or not if they plan to be out there alone.

Most family and friends don't want to speak about it.

I have no knowledge of it, but if it was self inflicted it would explain why there's no media coverage or talking about it.

One thing that has to change in this country in the rise of mental illness is the coverage and discussion on these things.

The more you hide it the more power it has.
I've been going over this with a friend who's son committed suicide last year.
It happens a lot with high school and college aged people.

We need more awareness and help for those who suffer from mental illness and depression.

Sorry to hear this. Was following in hopes of good news. Since people here seem to spend time out in that area, should they be alarmed and cautious while there? (Foul play or animal attack?) Or was it natural causes/self inflicted? I only ask as it could be good for members to know they need tk watch their back or not if they plan to be out there alone.

The only thing I'm going to say about this is nobody needs to be alarmed.

I never heard or seen a peep out of any media source to keep a eye out for this man.
If it wasn't for the people on this forum .who knows when he might have been found
Good job guys and gals
The reason he was found so soon is because of the amazing group of people on this forum. I could never thank you guys enough!

I heard from ODF today. They had a flier that he was missing but hadn't heard he had been found. Now they know.

I am so impressed with the concern and care that has been shown within this group. It really gives you a sense of brotherhood to see complete strangers coming together, in an instant, to spring into action. We've seen it happen before on this forum, on much smaller issues, and it's comforting to feel the family attitude you all share that makes this community great.

It's nice to have a home where you can count on your fellow man when help is needed. Thanks to those who waisted no time to fire up the engines and hit the trails without delay. You are to be admired and are ones worthy of praise.

Wow just stumbled on to this thread. Sad indeed, my condolences to the family and those affected. Also kudos to those who took the initiative to go out and find him. I know it appears that there was no fowl play involved but I would implore all of you to never let your guard down when out in these remote areas or anywhere for that matter. Evil and desperation lurks all around us, much of it drug related. Be safe all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top