JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a friend that has been a no call no show at work for the last four days. His phone was last pinged on Sunday near the Wolf Creek area. He has told me that he likes to go shooting up there. His name is Michael Morton. He drives a black 2005 Ford Ranger. He is approximately 6'1" and about 270 pounds. He is clean-shaven and usually wears a baseball hat. If anybody happen to see him in the last 4 to 5 days please let me know.

Thanks
Brandon

I hope he turns up safe and sound. Has anyone gone looking for him or his truck? Has he seemed normal lately? I'm sure these are all questions you've already asked/answered but all I could come up with. Maybe a search party is in order.

That McGregor Basin (Wolf Creek Area) area isn't all that big. It loops from one end of 26 to a further west part. No real access to the private property areas north of it. While there are lots of places to get stuck in, almost all of the main roads lead out to 26.

Salmonberry links to Wheeler Road which can take you almost to an infinite amount of places in the central part of Tillamook Forest. I've known lots of folks including myself that have gotten lost in that part of Tillamook Forest.

Best of luck and I hope he shows up and isn't in serious trouble.

I might be free this weekend if it comes to getting a bandwagon out in the woods to look.

Reno

Call Oregon Department of Forestry tomorrow as well.

503-357-2191

They may be able to assist as well.

Yes, they have been by his house and he was not there and his truck was not there either. His phone has been going straight to voicemail the last four days. And it is definitely not like him to just not show up to work or call.

That McGregor Basin (Wolf Creek Area) area isn't all that big. It loops from one end of 26 to a further west part. No real access to the private property areas north of it. While there are lots of places to get stuck in, almost all of the main roads lead out to 26.

Salmonberry links to Wheeler Road which can take you almost to an infinite amount of places in the central part of Tillamook Forest. I've known lots of folks including myself that have gotten lost in that part of Tillamook Forest.

Best of luck and I hope he shows up and isn't in serious trouble.

I might be free this weekend if it comes to getting a bandwagon out in the woods to look.

Reno
Thank you.

Hope he's ok man!

This is that reason why most of us keep a loaded handgun on us and don't share shooting areas with strangers... for people reading, not about your friend.

Lotta meth heads in the woods.

Prayers he's safe.

If I wasn't in the Seattle area for the weekend I would be all over helping. I'd bet some more fellow NWFA'ers would be happy to join the search party if needed. :)

Contact your county Sheriff, they have access to Search & Rescue groups that are trained to find your friend in challenging wilderness terrain (and to get him help, including air medevac, if he needs it - and to bring him home, either way). If he's been gone for four days already, you don't have much time to lose, go ahead and contact your Sheriff and report a missing person, especially focusing on his last known whereabouts and the potential for there to be some kind of injury. That'll be the best fastest way to get boots on the ground in the woods looking for your friends, and they'll welcome your help as well.

OP I see that you have already reached out to local law enforcement. Stay engaged with them. If your Sheriff (for whatever reason) says he can't call up SAR from his own county, or says there aren't enough people to cover the area, ask him if he can reach out through the DEM to SAR initiators for other nearby counties to get additional boots on the ground. It's not uncommon for small portions of SAR groups from several counties away to combine into a force big enough to search an area. In many counties, the best chance to accomplish this is during the weekend, as most SAR volunteers have day jobs, and are the most available Friday->Sunday. So push hard for a search this weekend if you can.

The big thing is, don't give up hope, and make sure you've got some support. This kind of thing is a real emotional roller coaster.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top