JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My friend asked for help in purchasing her first firearm today. We looked at a few and she decided on a Ruger at BiMart. The clerk was taking forever to find the box so I gave her the lowdown on the 4473 and left her to her purchase. Since she recently moved and did not get a sticker from the DMV for her Oregon drivers license she was denied.

How can she resolve this with the DMV in a timely manner?

My friend asked for help in purchasing her first firearm today. We looked at a few and she decided on a Ruger at BiMart. The clerk was taking forever to find the box so I gave her the lowdown on the 4473 and left her to her purchase. Since she recently moved and did not get a sticker from the DMV for her Oregon drivers license she was denied.

I was lucky and got the cut off for updated address via paper on mine. Though every LGS i've been to lately has just asked strictly for my CHL.

Maybe bring in a public utility bill with current address? I want to say a few weeks ago someone posted something about this and someone linked something saying it should affect transfers, iirc.

update edit:

"***As of January 1, 2020 the Oregon DMV is no longer issuing address change labels for Oregon licenses or identification cards. This change has no impact on the identification requirements or process for a firearms transfer/purchase in Oregon.***"

She can prove her address change by showing her vehicle registration address change, and BiMart will/can process the 4473. This happened to me a few weeks ago.

Usually you can go on line right there at the FFL and do an address change on the spot, but it's bi-mart, so it's not likely they are capable of doing it! So, you ether go on line your self and wait the snail mail with DMV, or you wait in line for 2 hours at the DMV and do it right there! Then take your newely printed address change paperwork back to Bi-Mart and they should have no issues doing the 4473!

current address has to be on a govt issued document.

See post #2, and other respondents.

As others, my address change sticker has completely wiped off.

Have done a few trades with it suchly.

Plus just flew back East Friday red eye. Took my passport card for that, as a backup, but wasn't needed. Never know what TSA is going to whip up out of there butts, but's that's a different thread topic.

TSA dude wiped down my range ear pro like the dumb arse was LOOKING for something to hit on his mass spectrometry machine, so he could further my "enjoyment" over traveling. Wipe. Scan. Wipe. Scan. Wipe. Scan. Wipe. Scan. Wipe. Scan. Jeebers H Criminy!!!!

My friend had a bunch of letters with her new address in her purse, but the clerk at BiMart who I have never seen before told her, "no match no sale."

Info must be updated at DMV. Info on NICS will show it immediately. Had this issue purchasing a shotgun years ago. Got it all done, and had shotgun in about 2 hours.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top