JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd never run this before, it was a LOT of fun. Group was 12-15 and ranged in experience from total noob (not me ;) ) to speed gun LEO's. I shot about in the middle of the pack. I'll definitely go back and do this again. They run this rifle league every friday night, $10 drop in, pretty casual. They're super strict w/safety (as you'd expect/want), but otherwise pretty low key.

I learned a few things... 1st: The 2nd hand fakepoint I used blows. While I did hit every bad guy (and also one hostage :oops: ), my optic shut off during both runs which cost me some time fiddling w/the control. I knew the control was sloppy ahead of time, I should have moved this to my 10/22 as the recoil was a little much. 2nd: My rifle light remote switch no worky. Same issue, after a couple shots the plug was loose and I had to run in the dark. 3rd: Night sights rule. I opted not to run a pistol weapon light (I don't have one :D ). Some guys used handhelds, but a lot of us just used night sights and mine are dialed.

Round 1 Course of Fire:
Station 1, start in low ready behind a barricade, beep, move left and shoot down left wall corridor engaging 3 targets
(BG's are brown cardboard silhouettes, hostages are white, each station has 2-3 BG's and one hostage, need at least 2 shots per BG)
Move right to station 2, shoot through a crack engaging 2 targets
Move right to station 3, mag change while oscar mike, right of barrel engage 3 targets along right wall corridor
Move fwd/left to station 4, b/w barricade and barrel engage 2 targets
Move fwd/right to station 5, drop mag/clear rifle while moving, draw pistol, engage 2 targets

Round 2 Course of Fire:
Repeat Round 1 w/lights off.

I ran slower and hit 1 hostage during Round 1 w/the lights on, ran faster and hit no hostages during Round 2 in the dark. :cool:

Sounds like fun - so they let anyone shoot at this event? I thought only members got to shoot rifles?

I could have bought a lifetime membership there for $500 (I think) when they first opened. Probably would have saved myself a lot of money in the long-run if I had done so.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews