JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd never run this before, it was a LOT of fun. Group was 12-15 and ranged in experience from total noob (not me ;) ) to speed gun LEO's. I shot about in the middle of the pack. I'll definitely go back and do this again. They run this rifle league every friday night, $10 drop in, pretty casual. They're super strict w/safety (as you'd expect/want), but otherwise pretty low key.

I learned a few things... 1st: The 2nd hand fakepoint I used blows. While I did hit every bad guy (and also one hostage :oops: ), my optic shut off during both runs which cost me some time fiddling w/the control. I knew the control was sloppy ahead of time, I should have moved this to my 10/22 as the recoil was a little much. 2nd: My rifle light remote switch no worky. Same issue, after a couple shots the plug was loose and I had to run in the dark. 3rd: Night sights rule. I opted not to run a pistol weapon light (I don't have one :D ). Some guys used handhelds, but a lot of us just used night sights and mine are dialed.

Round 1 Course of Fire:
Station 1, start in low ready behind a barricade, beep, move left and shoot down left wall corridor engaging 3 targets
(BG's are brown cardboard silhouettes, hostages are white, each station has 2-3 BG's and one hostage, need at least 2 shots per BG)
Move right to station 2, shoot through a crack engaging 2 targets
Move right to station 3, mag change while oscar mike, right of barrel engage 3 targets along right wall corridor
Move fwd/left to station 4, b/w barricade and barrel engage 2 targets
Move fwd/right to station 5, drop mag/clear rifle while moving, draw pistol, engage 2 targets

Round 2 Course of Fire:
Repeat Round 1 w/lights off.

I ran slower and hit 1 hostage during Round 1 w/the lights on, ran faster and hit no hostages during Round 2 in the dark. :cool:

Sounds like fun - so they let anyone shoot at this event? I thought only members got to shoot rifles?

I could have bought a lifetime membership there for $500 (I think) when they first opened. Probably would have saved myself a lot of money in the long-run if I had done so.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top