Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Friday May11th, Airport Shilo Inn

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by Ironbar, May 3, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Greetings fellows. A couple friends of mine have been having a monthly cigar herf at the Airport Shilo Inn cigar room. This month we'll be there on Friday May 11th, at about 6pm.

I know the Airport Shilo is a long ways out for some, but it's the most centrally located area for all three of us to meet up at, so we've just kept it there.

It's always a nice evening. The Shilo has a great menu, a fairly decent bar selection, and they allow smoking in the cigar room. What more do you need? Anyone who'd like to come out and join us is always welcome as long as you like talking cigars, spirits, firearms, and conservative politics. :thumbup:

All other manly topics of conversation are taken on a case-by-case basis. :laugh:

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I probably won't attend, but thanks for the invite. I'm kind of a sesonal cigar smoker. When the weather gets nicer, I like nothing better than sitting on the back deck with the fountains gurgling, smoking a Punch or Partagas, having a wee dram of the Laphroaig, and kicking back to some Miles Davis or Charles Mingus.

Ahhhh! Can't wait until the weather gets a little better.

3. macdougall29

macdougall29 Newberg, Oregon, United States Active Member

If it wasn't so far out for me i would be there!!! I didn't even know that the Shilo out there had a cigar room...

4. Ironbar

Yeah, it's a drive for me too since I live in Tigard, but one buddy lives out past Sandy, and the other comes in from the very boonie fringes of Vancouver. It's the most convenient place to convene. Plus, by the time you get there, you're ready to settle in for a while and relax with good stogies, good drinks, and good food. By the time we're done, traffic is light, and it's a breeze to get home!

5. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

damn that sounds good...... f my life and fridays

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You still need to make your way over to Northwest Libations :D

7. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Not a cigar smoker, and while I may discuss "conservative politics", I probably discuss it in the opposite manner than you mean... :-D

STUBSZERO and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Ironbar

Just letting everyone know that we're still on for this Friday at the Airport Shilo Inn. We'll be there no later than 6:30pm.

9. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I'd love to but it's 100 miles for me

10. James 61

James 61 Clark Co Washington Member

Relatively new here but would like to attend. Any thing I should know? I know this may be a silly question but here goes. As far as I can determine there is no restriction with concealed carry in a bar. At the same time I don't want to cause a problem and get us thrown out/banned especially since it is getting harder to find a place that allows cigar smoking. What is the policy on concealed carry for this gathering?

11. Ironbar

There is no policy James. If you have a valid CHL, then carry if you want to. I don't go around advertising it BTW!

In other news, last call for attendees! See you there!

12. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Slight correction there - If you have a valid OR CHL. :thumbup:

13. herdingcats

herdingcats Des Moines, WA Member

Oh man, I wish I could get there though it's a bit far from where I'm at in Washington. Have a great time! :cigar:

14. Ironbar

I'll be the big guy in the Jack Daniels camp shirt!

15. James 61

James 61 Clark Co Washington Member

Ironbar,

Thanks for the info. Couldn't make it last night as something came up. Maybe next time.