JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't Browning design most of the early Winchester branded stuff? Wouldn't they have had dead people pissed at them too?
Even evil spirits know that once a patent is sold it is no longer the designers property. Ownership and liability is transferred to the buyer. Ol Jonny is free and clear;)

Hollywood is full of leftist that hate our history. They tear down our monuments and statues so there is no evidence of what a great country we are. Winchesters were a big part of that greatness, it was the gun that won the west. Of course they don't like winchesters.o_O

I hear there is another western out called Hostiles that has great scenery and good acting but the actors whisper so much you can't hear what they say enough to keep up. I will wait for it on tv when I can close caption it.

Last Edited:
Sara Winchester was BatChit Krazy, even before she started building that mansion! Any connection they can make to "Americas Rifle" is tenuous at best, and quite a stretch to say the least! Its all tangents and hear say speculation, and worse, she was convinced of things by charlatans and other self serving snake charmers! Every one saw a get rich scam with Sara Winchester!
Besides, Winchester is a brand name EVERY one knows, unlike Springfield, Sharps, Spencer, ect...........
So why not go after them? Bring down Browning and FN while they are at it as they are all the same company now!!!

I've been to the Winchester Mystery House. While she was alive, the construction was not allowed to stop. There are doors that open to solid walls and stairwells that go nowhere. The woman was crazy and thought she could confuse the spirits of those killed by Winchester's by continually changing the house. IIRC she was afraid the spirits would try and avenge themselves on her.

Who was that European guy who invented the first really good water cooled heavy machine gun? Maxim? Something like that? How come there is not a movie about HIM! Some of HIS machine guns shot continuously FOR THREE DAYS! How come they pick on Winchester? Maybe it is because of the Winchester House in San Jose CA USA?

The Winchester House is a must do tour if your can. Amazing. She was very loonie toon!

Oh snap! they might be on to somthing...

1919. Winchester-branded consumer products including pocket knives, hand tools, flashlights, home appliances, roller skates and fishing reels are sold at Winchester stores and independent retailers.

Yes it said roller skates...View attachment 427288

Hillary Harding......watch out for a baton sucker punch!

I didn't plan on seeing the stupid thing and I sure won't now!

Who was that European guy who invented the first really good water cooled heavy machine gun? Maxim? Something like that? How come there is not a movie about HIM! Some of HIS machine guns shot continuously FOR THREE DAYS! How come they pick on Winchester? Maybe it is because of the Winchester House in San Jose CA USA?

The Winchester House is a must do tour if your can. Amazing. She was very loonie toon!
Lol well you got Browning the M2 IS STILL USED along with the 1911 .the high power and this and that you can go on and on lol

What about Colt lol old Sam probably would have put HILARY over his need and gave her a spanking then told her to make him a chicken pot pie LOL

Movies like that are a rip off anyway. They offer cheap thrills and chills and no part of them is actually scary, just surprising. Suspense is to horror as fart jokes are to comedy.

I doubt anyone who watches this film will even know there is an anti-gun message. Subliminally, I doubt there is any possible way to relate this to oneself, unless you own a huge arms manufacturing company or are a contracted corporate spy...

Didn't Browning design most of the early Winchester branded stuff? Wouldn't they have had dead people pissed at them too?

Nossir. JMB designed the rifle that was to be called the 'High Wall' and then the 'Low Wall', selling the design to Oliver Winchester [he of earlier of shirt fame].

Here's one of mine -

upload_2018-2-3_22-32-21.png

Anyhow, I can see that the movie appears to have been made with the usual historical accuracy for which Hollywood is famed, like having Washington crossing the Delaware in a boat powered by an outboard motor and members of the boat crew texting as they go.

tac

Nossir. JMB designed the rifle that was to be called the 'High Wall' and then the 'Low Wall', selling the design to Oliver Winchester [he of earlier of shirt fame].

Here's one of mine -

View attachment 427521

Anyhow, I can see that the movie appears to have been made with the usual historical accuracy for which Hollywood is famed, like having Washington crossing the Delaware in a boat powered by an outboard motor and members of the boat crew texting as they go.

tac

I thought the 1886, 1892 and 1894 were all JMB designs?

I thought that we were discussing the input into Winchester made nearer the time of the WoNA? I totally agree that the subsequent designs you noted came from JMB.

tac
Well it started out about the movie but of course Hollywood don't know $hit about guns they had dates and GUNs mixed up lol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top