JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was at Win-co yesterday and they had plenty. Also, Sportsman Warehouse has a good supply.

The manager said they will no longer be carring the #10 cans, as Mt.House will not suppy them any longer.

Posted today on Mountain House's Facebook page:

Hey fans, as you know we've removed #10 cans from our site temporarily. (We posted yesterday about the dealers that should have #10 cans in stock.) We wanted to clarify that this is not due to sales to the government domestically or internationally. The reason for this decision is solely due to an unexpected sales spike in #10 cans. You can find more info on our site: http://mountainhouse.com/

And, yesterday's post...

Looking for Mountain House #10 cans? These retailers should have cans in stock: www.thereadystore.com, www.nitro-pak.com, www.safecastle.com and www.readymaderesources.com.

I was on steve quayle website earlier and it was posted that mountain house had very little in the warehouse. Another prepper sent steve quayle an email and followed up on what was the reason for the shortage and was told that our lovely Guberment has been aquireing and purchasing most all of the freeze dried foods in stock nationwide as told by an employee at Mountain HOUSE.
Now we have to ask ourselves, why is the guberment doing this if it's true?? Could they know something is comong up in the near future that there not telling the american people? Or are they planning to feed all the wonderful people in the Fema camps freeze dried foods while they are incarcerated in the camps?
Makes a person think, Don't it?

I was on steve quayle website earlier and it was posted that mountain house had very little in the warehouse. Another prepper sent steve quayle an email and followed up on what was the reason for the shortage and was told that our lovely Guberment has been aquireing and purchasing most all of the freeze dried foods in stock nationwide as told by an employee at Mountain HOUSE.
Now we have to ask ourselves, why is the guberment doing this if it's true?? Could they know something is comong up in the near future that there not telling the american people? Or are they planning to feed all the wonderful people in the Fema camps freeze dried foods while they are incarcerated in the camps?
Makes a person think, Don't it?

Seriously, were are the facts to back this stuff up? Some videos on youtube? Some speculation by some borderline paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy monger on a website? I am really getting tired of people fear mongering and I would wager a guess that most of this is being done by people trying to make a buck. Besides look at the fact that Prepping is starting to get media attention and becoming slightly more mainstream. I would love to see a study of how many people have started prepping in the last 2-5yrs since the economic crunch hit and the obomascare. Couple that with a pretty bad growing season this last year (less quality crops for places like Mtn House to process), and I am sure that there are legitimate reason for them to be running low. I won't go so far as to say that the .gov is buying it all up. I am sure there are probably some agencies somewhere stashing it away whether its for humanitarian relief or what ever. Frankly though, with the salt content of Mtn House meal, I for one wouldn't want to live off it for a long time. I would like to see how places like Honeyville Grain are doing on supplies.

I checked out the Winco in McMinnville yesterday and couldn't find any freeze dried food but I'm not even sure if they stock it there. Keep in mind though that I'd never been in that store before and was in a hurry so just did a quick walk of the isles.

/shrug

-d

I see it in REI, Fred Meyer stocks them also. There was a good selection in both stores.

I was also at Healthy Harvest http://www.healthyharvest.com/ here localy andthey had all sorts of #10 cans in stock ready to go. They also had plenty of other things available also. Great place if you are local and want to see what you are getting.

Seriously, were are the facts to back this stuff up? Some videos on youtube? Some speculation by some borderline paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy monger on a website? I am really getting tired of people fear mongering and I would wager a guess that most of this is being done by people trying to make a buck.

Welcome to the internet, is this your first time?

Besides look at the fact that Prepping is starting to get media attention and becoming slightly more mainstream. I would love to see a study of how many people have started prepping in the last 2-5yrs since the economic crunch hit and the obomascare. Couple that with a pretty bad growing season this last year (less quality crops for places like Mtn House to process), and I am sure that there are legitimate reason for them to be running low. I won't go so far as to say that the .gov is buying it all up. I am sure there are probably some agencies somewhere stashing it away whether its for humanitarian relief or what ever. Frankly though, with the salt content of Mtn House meal, I for one wouldn't want to live off it for a long time. I would like to see how places like Honeyville Grain are doing on supplies.

If what you are looking for is #10 cans of dehydrated food and you are not finding any commercial stuff let me suggest you try the LDS cannery. Their selection is limited but they sell every thing at cost and you do not need to be a church member to go, it is a service that the church provides for every one. Here is a link to the products and and prices page.
<broken link removed>

and here is a link to find out if there is one near you
http://providentliving.org/location/display/1,12568,2026-1-4-39315,00.html

I have been to their food storage cannery. Mustang is correct, you do not have to be a member.
The selection is basic stuff, beans, rice, sugar,wheat that you can buy or hang out and help canning stuff for yourself and others...I thought it was a good couple of hours and left with 80 #10 cans of food stuff...and the people were quite nice too.
The web site lets you know what is available and if you just want to pick up the Prepackaged items, they ask that you come in on Tuesdays...

If what you are looking for is #10 cans of dehydrated food and you are not finding any commercial stuff let me suggest you try the LDS cannery. Their selection is limited but they sell every thing at cost and you do not need to be a church member to go, it is a service that the church provides for every one. Here is a link to the products and and prices page.
<broken link removed>

and here is a link to find out if there is one near you
http://providentliving.org/location/display/1,12568,2026-1-4-39315,00.html

I do not believe any of the product at the LDS canneries are Freeze dried. All of the stuff that I have seen has all been just dehydrated. Not saying don't go there, but just don't expect to be canning up freeze dried eggs or berries or anything like that. As far as the member thing goes, you do not have to be one to go there, but I do believe that they want you to come with a member.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top