JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got an email from Freedom Munitions announcing it is in Chapter 11.

I've been buying both new and remanufactured 9mm and .38 special ammo from them for the past two years. It always goes bang and seems to shoot cleanly. Wonder what happened.

I won't be using them again as I'd hate to pay for something and then have them go under without me getting what I paid for.

So who are people buying their mail-order ammo from? Would like to hear about sellers who have decent ammo at good prices and don't kill on shipping charges.

They are owned by Howell Machine that makes automated reloading equipment used throughout the ammo industry.
I think this bankruptcy is mainly due to their rapid expansion and big new ammo production buildings not being sufficiently capitalized and upper management (ammo production) living like lords (never around, giving away huge amounts of product to an ever growing posse of leaches). When Howell Sr. gets it re-organized and has the bank demote/fire Howell Jr., I expect it to carry on. Sonny boys management style may have been given a pass when there was buckets of money from the ammo shortage, but no more.

Bought a bunch of range 380 from them at $.13/rd last week, no shipping (I can just pick it up) and they seemed to be in full production then.

Last Edited:
Sgammo.com, ammoman.com. Ammoman does free shipping over $99.

SGammo for a long while. Good pricing with fair shipping, decent selection & shows available inventory. Easy tracking with option to divert to UPS hub (pretty convenient).

Honestly not sure on how they'll make out given the current lows, but we'll buy from them when we have a need & if it makes sense.

Oddly enough, Cabelas as well. In particular when they have deals going on. Free ship to store, and free shipping on occasion. Unlikely we'll buy much from them as it's a couple hours now to a store & it'd have to be a great deal shipped free. Just tossing the idea out to others closer to Springfield/Tualatin.

Then there's Palmetto State Armory! Some really super deals there on occasion. Used to be THE CHEAPEST place to get FN 5.7 ammo on the web. Haven't seen it in a while, but also hadn't been looking (we're stocked up). Be patient with the shipping, supposedly has gotten better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top