JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over the years I have bought and shot around 7000 rounds of Freedom Munitions Reman 9mm and .223. I have also run their Blaster and new production. All of this with no issues.

However, I have been working through a case of reman 9mm over the last month or so that appears to have some seriously defective ammo. The funny part is I shot over 800 rounds WITH NO failures of any kind in this batch(G19, 43 and 17).

With 4 boxes left, as I was loading mags the other night i stumbled upon a round with a cracked case. i thought to my self "hmmm must just be 1 in a 1000". I started looking closely at the rounds in all 4 remaining boxes, and found a total of 15 with severely or partially cracked cases. I am assuming that the other 800 rounds had many with cracked cases that I didn't notice.

One was so bad that the bullet fell right out of the case!

I am not bashing Freedom Munitions as my experience has been good up until this point. Unfortunately this case was bought on the third party market and I do not think it qualifies for refund or replacement. It just makes me hesitant to buy case quantities at a time from them. I like them because they are a "local" company and my ammo gets here two days after it ships and it seems like the CS is responsive when ppl have issues.

I contacted them and they said without an order # I was pretty much SOL. not really a big deal since all previous 800 rounds in the case went bang! I contacted them more along the lines of Safety/ QC.

What do you guys think. Just a bad batch?
IMG_0324.JPG

Last Edited:
everytime ive shot 9mm remans from them they have been super hot. im talkin like +p+ hot. sh!t happens but i definately would have let them be aware of the situation. hopefuly theyll make it right somehow. if some are coming out like that whos to say some arent double charged. that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

SOLuck
Garbage CS, there should be some MFG lot # on the box they can reference.

Their brass buy back program is lacking QC when releasing this junk.

Makes me wonder if the sponsored shooters come across this..... but I'm sure they are not using the REMAN stuff.

Last Edited:
everytime ive shot 9mm remans from them they have been super hot. im talkin like +p+ hot. sh!t happens but i definately would have let them be aware of the situation. hopefuly theyll make it right somehow. if some are coming out like that whos to say some arent double charged. that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Have you chronographed them?
Major 9 speed ?
124gr.. 1330fps
115gr... 1430fps

@fxdc I gave them the lot number. They said that this quality is unacceptable.

It's just hard to believe that this many (there are more not shown in pic) made it through qc. Not worried to much about a refund because I shot most of them but I couldn't believe they all fired And there wasn't a catastrophic failure.

Wow, subscribed. I just got a case a couple weeks ago that I am only two boxes into. This was my second order from them. The first batch (I bought a half case) was flawless. The brass trade in was a big draw for me. Otherwise, I'd rather hit the sales at Bimart.

After your experience, I'm definitely going to open boxes and have a look before I head to the range. May consider buy new instead of reman as it only adds 2 cents a round. Cheaper than blowing up your gun... or your hand.

I have ordered many thousands of rounds from them and never had an issue. I will make sure
to check the new box I just ordered.
Any chance the person you purchased it from could have substituted some of their own inferior reloads?

Have you chronographed them?
Major 9 speed ?
124gr.. 1330fps
115gr... 1430fps
no i havent. i havent purchased 9mm in a long time. i load my own but i will say... my hottest 9mm load that i was comfortable with didnt touch these FM ones i had. i was gettin a "glock smiley" in my smith and wesson with these rounds lol.

@fxdc I gave them the lot number. They said that this quality is unacceptable.

It's just hard to believe that this many (there are more not shown in pic) made it through qc. Not worried to much about a refund because I shot most of them but I couldn't believe they all fired And there wasn't a catastrophic failure.

Seems their ears are listening now, contact again and ask for a RA# for what is left.. haw heck ya got my # call me I will tell ya how to handle this ..... call at your lunch.

They are really 99% great people .
I was working and talk with Jesse Tishhower (sure I butchered the name) team organizer on a NW team sponsorship as he didn't have one up here .... super nice guy!

So do call,
Dan

Really disappointed to hear about this. I've shot many thousands of their 9mm and never had a problem. Was also thinking of stocking up on their .223. There is now a rumor that some of their newer cases are brass washed steel. Or at least, can be picked up with a magnet. Not good news!

I think the best course of action is to say something like:
"I purchased a brick of ammo private party that was sealed. While I'm not asking you for anything I thought you may want to be aware that case # and lot # have cracked cases. I appreciate your products and their costs. In now way will this deter me from purchasing your reloads in the future; I just wanted you to be aware."

I've done that once or thrice.

I think the best course of action is to say something like:
"I purchased a brick of ammo private party that was sealed. While I'm not asking you for anything I thought you may want to be aware that case # and lot # have cracked cases. I appreciate your products and their costs. In now way will this deter me from purchasing your reloads in the future; I just wanted you to be aware."

I've done that once or thrice.

Pretty much what I did. Sounds like you have seen similar issues?

Experience has been positive so far. Funny thing is all ammo went bang! But I don't dare try those ones in the picture.

I've tried a few different brands of reman 9mm. Most of them will at least cycle well, but I found one brand that would not group worth a darn. Just to be sure, I ran them through a couple of carbines at 15 yards. All of the name brand ammo made single holes but this stuff would throw one or two rounds out of ten a couple of inches (!) off. I can say that I've tried a few batches of Freedom and it groups great. If it's a little hot I'm fine with that - most of my own hand loads wind up close to DNE by the time they hit the sweet spot. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Freedom Ammunition 9mm reman runs fine and groups well for me, and that's all I ask for. And it's cheap, too. Just those three things then. And this lamp... :)

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Freedom Ammunition 9mm reman runs fine and groups well for me

My experience is similar! In fact as i stated above even this lot ran fine.

As a side note they did offer to replace or refund ammo. only problem was it was not bought directly through them directly (need an order #) . Freedom munitions customer support is responsive and friendly. I give them an A+. they have the lot number so hopefully they can figure out what went wrong. i will continue to buy ammo from them because my experience tells me this is an anomaly.

I've had no issues with either the 9mm or .223, always been excellent! I've got a case of their blems, and boy are they ugly, they shoot just fine though!:)
Good time for a "look at your ammo" reminder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top