JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find the corporate name a little strange. Cerberus, the hell hound.

Cerberus in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed hound (usually three-headed)which guards the gates of the Underworld, to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping. Cerberus featured in many works of ancient Greek and Roman literature and in works of both ancient and modern art and architecture, although, the depiction and background surrounding Cerberus often differed across various works by different authors of the era. The most notable difference is the number of its heads: Most sources describe or depict three heads; others show it with two or even just one; a smaller number of sources show a variable number, sometimes as many as 50.

Cerberus was the offspring of Echidna, a hybrid half-woman and half-serpent, and Typhon, a fire-breathing giant whom even the Olympian gods feared. Its brother is Orthrus, always depicted as a two-headed hellhound. The common depiction of Cerberus in Greek mythology and art is as having three heads. In most works the three-heads each respectively see and represent the past, the present, and the future, while other sources suggest the heads represent birth, youth, and old age. Each of Cerberus' heads is said to have an appetite only for live meat and thus allow the spirits of the dead to freely enter the underworld, but allow none to leave. Cerberus was always employed as Hades' loyal watchdog, and guarded the gates that granted access and exit to the underworld (also called Hades).

They sound like a very smart investment group. Buying gun manufacturers before the biggest gun buying frenzy ever?

Here's wiki's list of interests of the founder and head of cerberus:
His hobbies include game hunting, chess, skiing, and riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Steve and Gisela Feinberg are prolific donors to the Republican Party and related organizations.

What action??

Someone in the other thread was asking if it was all legal or such,could there be an anti trust suit.Kinda scared of what could happen,I guess
I just figured it was over and wasn't gunna be changed any time soon.
Don't these kinds of conglomerates buy up companies,pilfer them and sell off the junk?
Keeping what they deem useful ,excuse me profitable.

Hopefully they really are gun aficionados and will keep making better firearms.

You know, seriously, the government might go after Freedom Group with anti trust laws like Microsoft, ATT, etc. They might make a case out of it but the real agenda would be to force them to spend money defending it and thereby decreasing what limited profit they have. If they were successful at splitting it up again, many of these companies would fail.

I'm guessing ,with the money the former owners got from the sale of their companies,that the new millionaires will be back to gun manufacturing as soon as the non-compete clause is over.
Unless they are just highly paid execs for the new owners.

I don't think Cerberus is a liquidator or anything like that.
This is from their website:

Established in 1992, Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., together with its affiliates, is one of the world's leading private investment firms. Through its team of investment and operations professionals, Cerberus specializes in providing both financial resources and operational expertise to help transform undervalued and underperforming companies into industry leaders for long-term success and value creation. Cerberus holds controlling or significant minority interests in companies around the world.

Firearms — Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick Dyke for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also acquired DPMS Panther Arms December 14, 2007.[29][30] Remington Arms acquired Marlin Firearms in January 2008.[31][32] In October 2009, Remington Military products acquired silencer manufacturer Advanced Armament Corporation.[33] These companies were combined into the Freedom Group.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top