JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked this up this Freedom Arms Model 83 Field Grade in .454 Casull locally yesterday used for a great price. Freedom Arms sure makes a very high quality, and heavy revolver. The only thing I don't like are the rubber grips. Has anyone ever sent in thier Field Grade to Freedom Arms to have Premier Grade grips installed? How long did it take? Can you shoot .45 Long Colt in these revolvers? I'd like to spend some quilty time at the range w/ it without beaking the bank, or my wrist. The mfg says to only shoot .454 Casull throught the revolver because of the tight chambers. It seems to me that if you clean the cylinder chambers well after shooting the shoorter .45 LC rounds and remove the carbon build up that there should not be a problem. The gun is really built like a tank & is a pretty cool piece if kit.

View attachment 187659
View attachment 187660

i have used 45 long colt on my Taurus Raging BUll 454 casull and not had any problems. the key is to really really really clean it when your done. it will definatly make for a dirtier gun after shooting.

btw nice gun, i have always enjoyed the looks on others faces as i pull out the casull at the range.

I'm sending my model 83 back to Freedom Arms on Monday via my FFL, Nick @ Brightwater Ventures, to have Rosewood Premier grips installed. Freedom Arms says they can turn the revolver around in only two weeks. I can't wait to get rid of the ugly rubber grips on my fine revolver. Pictures to follow.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top