JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
For consuming I like the albacore in water with Miracle Whip. For those tasty Kokes I like the oil and mix it in the Shoe peg corn!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!
Well I have to admit that other scents, like shrimp, anise and Krill also work when you first day a school and the go crazy & will hit on anything!!!

View attachment 253815;)
It looks like you like the smile spinners better than the spoon spinners.
It that from this week?
Nice catch

Oil.

Mix tuna with Best Foods mayo (no MW for me :s0002:), some dijon, some diced onion. Add to some good artisan bread with some good sharp cheddar, then grill. Yum!

I'm good on the free tuna. I've probably bought a few cans of Starkist in the last few years but I doubt I was shorted $50 or even $25 worth. I like to earn what I get and not benefit at the expense of others. I'm not a liberal.
I used to eat the name brand stuff 3x a week but almost completely stopped after Fukushima.
Don't know if I was ripped off $25 or what but I'm cashing in.
Think I'll go for the $50 in tuna coupons to top off my shtf stash. Radioactive tuna might just hit the spot when the groceries dry up!

I made a dish called "Tuna on Toast" for my soon to be wife and when I placed the dish in front of her, she flatly refused to eat it.
"Alright, go hungry" I told her. Just because it doesn't look good, doesn't mean it isn't delicious.
After she took one minuscule bite, she finished her helping and asked for more.

Ingredients:

1 regular-size can tuna canned in water
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 package of frozen mixed vegetables
8 slices of whole-wheat bread
3 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons (about 1/4 cup) flour
1 1/2-2 cups milk
dash of salt/pepper and lemon pepper

Directions: Serves 4-8 (makes 8 pieces of toast with sauce, calculated for 4)

1. Make a roux.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter is bubbling, add the flour and whisk quickly until the flour is dissolved.
Let the roux bubble for a minute, whisking frequently to avoid burning, then add the milk (if you wish to avoid lumps, you should heat the milk first in a microwave, but I usually add it cold) and whisk all the while. Cook until the sauce is bubbling, then add salt and pepper to taste.

2. Toast the bread.
3. Add the pre warmed vegetables and tuna to the sauce, then cook over a medium heat until the peas and tuna are thoroughly heated, about five minutes.
4. add rough chopped eggs.
5. Arrange the toast on your plates and top with the sauce, and serve.

Last Edited:
I use to love goin out tuna fishin, right till I pulled into the gas dock :eek:. Good 60 gallons a trip but a lot fun if ya found em. I get mine at BiMart on sale now and stick to freshwater fishin.

Tuna in oil mixed with lots of anise oil, sea salt, krill and garlic scent. Stuff a Brad's Stupid bait and troll downhill behind a flasher. Trade tuna for radioactive salmon.

I only buy the eight pack of Kirkland spendy stuff. I don't know how people can eat that $.59 a can slop, looks like it was "Scrapin's" from the processing room floors. Ick. Oh, and the Kirkland tuna comes in 7oz cans, not the 5oz cans every other brand has gone to. I wish they still had a choice of tuna in oil though, just makes you have to add more mayo for tuna sandwiches.

Wifey does make a good tune caserol though.

Yes, but I use the smilies on every trip.
They have worked on every lake that I have fished Kokes.

Yeah about them "Smiles", on they lakes they work way better that the rivers, half the O Fs on the rivers this time of year are real grouchy effers and no matter how much you smile they still aren't friendly!

Sister and Mom go to the beach at least once a year and buy tuna from their favorite supplier. They keep my wife and I stocked with home canned tuna.....yeah I am bragging a bit.[emoji2] [emoji2]

2) Anyone here have favorite uses or recipes for canned tuna?

Poke holes in the can ( oil packed) and place in your crawfish trap.
Go buy some beer and butter while your waiting.

No, but I recently received a check for $9.98 from the Block Buster lawsuit.
Almost threw it away thinking it was some trash mail.

LOL, I've stopped the wife from buying tuna a few times now reminding her vouchers are on the way.
Maybe it'll be under the tree or a New Years surprise even.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads