JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've started trying my hand at making replica gunstocks. I'd like to give one of my stocks away to someone in the PDX area that could use a replacement for their trashed T53 stock.

This one is black walnut and is essentially one of my practice stocks that Im learning on. It fits my T53 parts pretty well but the barrel fit is quite snug and may need a little more hand finishing to get a better fit. It has one coat of True Oil so after fitting a few more coats would be recommended. I was not perfect with my sanding either so there are a few spots on the finish that could be better

It does not have a hole drilled for the cleaning rod since I have not figured out how to drill a hole that long (it would need at least a 2 foot drill bit ).

It also does not have holes drilled for the butt plate screws, the end cap or for the springs to retain the handguard rings. I think these are best drilled when the metal parts are fit first. It does not have an upper handguard or come with any metal parts

I'd prefer to not have to package and ship it so would like to meet up in the PDX area if someone wants it.

FHHlCQ9.jpg
beRCoDB.jpg
AnBvMfz.jpg

Here is the chunk of wood it was made from showing the grain a little better than my phone does
3LTRmqW.jpg

uiCdoCh.jpg

Last Edited:
I have an M44 that could use some new wood. Let me know if your pending deal falls through.

This one is done curing if you would like it. Again, not perfect, holes still need to be drilled like the other one. The wood turned out pretty interesting. Black walnut, very dark unless it is in the sun

8g04rIZ.jpg
hAPvteh.jpg

Wow, those are amazing looking stocks! If you decide to make some more and sell them, I would love one for my newly acquired T53! I live up in Olympia area, but would drive down to Portland for a beauty like that.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.