Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Free ranges near portland?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by mokthraka, Apr 25, 2013.

1. mokthraka

mokthraka Portland OR New Member

Does anyone know of any decent places near Portland to shoot for free? I know of browns camp, and a place across cascade locks, I think Stevenson or something? Last time I was up there it was closed, thought\ it was in December, so it may have been because it was the winter.

Edit: I guess Stevenson is closed now. I was hoping to go there, mostly because eastwind drive in has amazing food. Does anyone know about estecada? I have heard there are some ranges there, but never been.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

3. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

How about more West side? I've been to Brown's camp, but recently heart d that they moved the Brown's camp are to a different area where you can shoot longer range, but if true, I don't know where the new location is. I also heard there was a place off 26 on the way to Vernonia, but not sure what road you turn on...

4. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

the vernonia spot got shut down for people not picking up their garbage. too bad to that was a nice backdrop