JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry mods feel free to move post as necessary.

I have been noticing alot of pictures of shooters both here and on other sites featuring pics of people without eye or ear protection. I hate to kick a dead horse but I would hate more to lose members (or their family members) to an accident or injury.

If you are going shooting and don't have eye or ear protection, Especially if you intend on teaching youth, please let me know and I will send you a set for free, shipping included. I am sure other members here would be more than happy to do the same.

Sorry for the rant, and happy safe shooting to all.

Nice offer bro! I always keep extra sets of muffs, plugs and eyes in the range bag. You just never know when you need them! And yes, I would be willing to do the same thing. I can send out plugs and glasses!

I buy big boxes of earplugs on Amazon, they are very cheap when bought 100s at a time, and I have a pocket full in my range bag. I also have accumulated a bunch of earmuffs and whenever I see safety glasses on sale I buy a few, I must have 30 pairs. I keep them in a small duffle bag and bring them when I think there might be many new shooters. I have taken families shooting before and had to equip them all.

There's no real reason to not use eye and ear protection, I have personally had rocks and bullet fragments hit my safety glasses pretty hard, if I had not had them on I might not have both my eyes today.

I always bring plenty to loan or whatever. I learned the hard way by declining the wisdom and offering of ears from way back (yadda).. bless his heart.
BLR .243.. that'll do ya

When I was young and dumber I always wore eyes but hated the ears.definetly regretting that now.glad i wore the eyes tho, saved me a couple times.had a bb from a 12 gauge bounce off a piece of sheet metal come back and bounce right off of them.

I buy big boxes of earplugs on Amazon, they are very cheap when bought 100s at a time, and I have a pocket full in my range bag. I also have accumulated a bunch of earmuffs and whenever I see safety glasses on sale I buy a few, I must have 30 pairs. I keep them in a small duffle bag and bring them when I think there might be many new shooters. I have taken families shooting before and had to equip them all.

There's no real reason to not use eye and ear protection, I have personally had rocks and bullet fragments hit my safety glasses pretty hard, if I had not had them on I might not have both my eyes today.
We just had a mostly intact (but misshapen) 9mm bullet come back past the firing line off of a new style of steel target we were trying out.

Caveman Jim, I am very protective of my hearing, and other's. In the mid 70's I worked for 2 trap clubs for 5 years. Sometimes, 7 days a week. On big shoots I would pull 15,000 clays in one day. 15,000 12ga blasts! No hearing protection. And keep in mind there where trap houses on both sides of mine, 26 total. Some days I went home dizzy. Nobody cared back then, it was a job. Being a mechanic most of my life has not helped. As it is, 1/2 of my hearing is gone and 75% gone in some frequencies.

I feel like I should just have 4 pairs at all times, I currently only have two sets for me and the GF.

I'm only wondering if it is worth the cost to buy a more expensive pair.

Funny you should say that I was just at the gun store today trying to get the mess straight with them sending there FFL TO JOE so I can get my North west firearms lower shipped up here and found a set of purple ears for my sister to match the AR me and my nephew built for her IMAG0937.jpg IMAG0605.jpg $75 Buck's is better than having a def sister lol

I get ear plugs from work they have box's of them for the guy's in the warehouse I grab hand full of them every once in awhile but I like the electronic muffs I have four pairs plus the ones I got today

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews