JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm offering free Oregon Conceal Carry Class for all Oregon School Teachers and school staff. You must show ID from your employer. Classes must be scheduled in Dec/Feb.
I've talked to other instructor and they are doing to same.
Please pass this on to you friends and families.

Jeff Walters
541-740-8658
NRA Instructor #171804154

Last Edited:
I love the idea, and kudos for stepping up! However even if they have a CPL here in WA they cannot carry into the building. per the law even with a cpl you are only allowed to carry onto school property to pickup/drop off your kids, not enter the buildings...

That said, lets lobby to get that changed and let the teachers arm if they wish!

Torq you may want to look into Utah and Arizona Concealed permits, I think one of them may have reciprocity with Oregon? They are both commonly taught here in WA if you call around, plus they allow carry in 30+ other states as well.

Jeff - Do you offer that class as well?

Torq you may want to look into Utah and Arizona Concealed permits, I think one of them may have reciprocity with Oregon? They are both commonly taught here in WA if you call around, plus they allow carry in 30+ other states as well.

Jeff - Do you offer that class as well?

OR doesn't recognize the permit from any other state. Have to get the OR license.

The AZ permit is also worth looking into.

I saw this Article. Thought I would throw it out there.
A Republican Congressman suggested that had the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary been armed with assault rifles, they could have prevented Friday's massacre and saved lives.
Appearing on a special Fox News Sunday dedicated to the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said that an armed teacher or principal could have taken the killer's "head off before he can kill those precious kids":
GOHMERT: Having been a judge and reviewed photographs of these horrific scenes and knowing that children have these defensive wounds, gun shots through their arms and hands as they try to protect themselves, and, hearing the heroic stories of the principal, lunging, trying to protect, Chris, I wish to God she had had an M-4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out and she didn't have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands and takes him out and takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids. [...]
Watch it:

Pressed by host Chris Wallace on why ordinary citizens need semi automatic weapons that shoot 5 bullets per second, Gohmert said that any restrictions on fire arms could lead to the slippery slope of full prohibition and said that American amass weapons to protect themselves from the government.
"For the reason George Washington said a free people should be an armed people," Gohmert explained. "It ensures against the tyranny of the government, if they know the biggest army is the American people, then you don't have the tyranny that came from King George. That is why it was put in there and that's why once you start drawing the line, where do you stop?"
A Mother Jones analysis of 61 mass murders over the last 30 years found that "in not a single case was the killing stopped by a civilian using a gun." As one leading expert explained, "given that civilian shooters are less likely to hit their targets than police in these circumstances," arming civilians could often lead to more chaos and deaths. Law enforcement groups usually oppose state-efforts permitting concealed weapons on college campuses, citing safety concerns.

A Mother Jones analysis of 61 mass murders over the last 30 years found that "in not a single case was the killing stopped by a civilian using a gun." As one leading expert explained, "given that civilian shooters are less likely to hit their targets than police in these circumstances," arming civilians could often lead to more chaos and deaths. Law enforcement groups usually oppose state-efforts permitting concealed weapons on college campuses, citing safety concerns.

Until now, there is documented case now with the Clackamas shooting that one or more CHL holders engaged the active shooter. And he cut his spree short rather than face return gunfire, as did this psycho in CT.

While I cannot agree with all the teachers packing M4's, that is over exaggerated the other way, a few handguns would have made a difference, So thanks again for offering this training Jeff!!

I agree, I don't think we should turn our schools into an armory, but I think a few teachers that want and do get trained should be able to carry for protection. If I'm willing to teach a free 3 hr class then I've got to believe ranges are willing to open their doors for a free training corse on marksmanship and drawing from concealed drills. Maybe I'm just a crazy old nut...

Great offer, it is a good start, but i think a handgtun defensive course is in order.
I send a letter to Sen Marie (can do nothing) Cantwell expressing the need for armed teachers. There iss a small district in tX that allows the teachers to be armed. I think they have ot correct.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top