JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Free Lt. Col. Scheller! What is wrong with our government! We allow thousands to break our laws of immigration, smuggle drugs and children across borders, release murderers, yet put an American hero in the brig for speaking his mind? I'm very familiar with the military charges, Code of Conduct, etc., but The Brig??? Joe Stalin and Adolph Hitler are no longer around but we have our own dictators in place at our expense. They are pathetic, incompetent, untrustworthy, blunderers who deserve to be gone! Calling or writing "My" senator is worthless. All I ever get back it the political crap, "I'll keep your thoughts in mind as I work to solve our nation's issues." No doubt she has a wastebasket labeled....THOUGHTS IN MIND...I can't wait for the next election. In the interim, I'm sending a "FREE SCHELLER" letter to the Head Shed on a daily basis. So should each of you, if you care. It's a .57 cent stamp. Postcards are less. The idiots ARE running the asylum.

Before you have an aneurysm, can you give us some context?
He's referring to the Marine officer who spoke out against his superiors on the handling of Afghanistan withdrawal. He was jailed for his actions.

Unfortunately though, military personnel have to obey orders and he disobeyed one. So not surprising they HAVE to jail him or the Marine Corps will not be able to impose proper discipline in its rank. I'm sure they're just going through the motions, I seriously doubt anyone will give him a hard time and he'll be let go quietly with a slight slap on wrist.

Sadly this is the way it is now. The one poster was correct. If he was bashing Trump nothing would happen. Since he dared to speak ill of the current protected group he will be tossed out. Again this is what people voted for so I hope they are enjoying getting what they asked for.

So... if you're a member of the armed services you are not legally allowed to criticize them?
While serving in Military , you are not allowed to openly criticize the US , its actions , elected officials etc...
Most especially while wearing the uniform or stating your rank.

While I understand his position...a man of his rank and experience should not be flaunting rules and regulations.
If he chooses to not follow a rule or obey orders...why should those under him follow rules , obey orders etc...?
Actions and words have consequences.

One must be willing to accept the consequence of one's actions...and the risk should be outweighed by the gain.

Again...not saying what he stated was wrong...Just that he should not have done so , in the manner that he did.
Andy

Edit to add :
As I have often said :

How you say something is just as important as what you say.

Last Edited:
My concern is not the alleged breach of UCMJ. It's the fact that felons everywhere are bonded out or not charged, yet a military officer is jailed for a non violent allegation. He has a family, apparently a solid record or he wouldn't be an O-4. Limit him to home and base to await charging/trial.

Huh, so if you're in the armed services and aren't legally allowed to criticize the government.....

Why weren't any of the anti-Trump enlisted men or officers ever brought up on charges? I recall seeing quite a few of them talking garbage about him (back when he was the President).

Why weren't any of the anti-Trump enlisted men or officers ever brought up on charges? I recall seeing quite a few of them talking garbage about him (back when he was the President).
Because apparently being woke trumps everything else, nowadays. Most people tend to operate on emotions rather than principles, mainly the principle that the law should apply to everyone equally, regardless of politics.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads