JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recommended, I took this class a few years ago as a total novice and passed the exam. Technically it is intended for Providence staff and friends, but all are welcome.

Also remember the mailing address you provide for the certificate will become public record, be sure to supply your PO box.

Ham Radio Operator Class: A two-day Ham radio course is being offered at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center on Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13. The class is free and all materials are provided. The exam fee is $14.

Email Eric dott Kosko at Providence dott org to register.

You had me at free ham!

Seriously though, this is really cool!
Not sure if I like the address being in public records. But this is still awesome none the less.

So other than the fact that I listen to 100.7 and hear tid-bits about radio operation I know absolutely nothing..

With the information learned in the class do you think average joes have a chance at passing the exam?

I took this class and received my technician license, its a great class well taught and with a lot of info. I have the technician manual to study with if anyone wants to borrow it. but will need it back. they cost 40.00 plus. Scott

So other than the fact that I listen to 100.7 and hear tid-bits about radio operation I know absolutely nothing..

With the information learned in the class do you think average joes have a chance at passing the exam?

Yes, the teachers will drill you to pass. Exam questions are drawn from a finite pool, and they introduce the class to all of them using high school explanations. My class was a non-technical bunch - nurses, hospital staff - and most passed on the first try. I was new and got the technician license. If you already have that and are more technical, they can help you pass for General.

Thanks again for passing this along, Ocarolan! Just took the class. The instructors are based in Seaside and try to do a class over here in April and again in September. I had virtually no prior knowledge and went in with the idea that I would pass, or wind up knowing a little bit more about it going out than I did going in. The training moves a little fast, but they try to get the tough stuff out of the way the first day. My class had 15 folks from all walks of life, every person in our class passed! Certainly a testament to efficient instruction.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads