JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hate starting these threads for really basic stuff, but when you can not find what your looking for...

I have a 18" 6.8 barrel with a mid-length gas system. I am interested in something light that I can put a chuck of rail at the bottom for a bipod. This is not a fighting rifle, but nothing that is going to break if I sneeze either.

This where I am starting, but I can not find the weight listed anywhere...
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...h-handguard-free-float-smooth-prod117516.aspx

That looks like Hogue.
A Hogue rifle length HG is about 13 oz.
Rock River Arms: Hogue Aluminum Free Float Tubes

I have one on my 6.8SPC kit.... it's pretty nice, and rock solid. C4D1BE2C-6245-4391-90F9-32AEF84CED8B.jpeg B22D1558-D576-439D-83A4-AB076F8215A2.jpeg

I hate starting these threads for really basic stuff, but when you can not find what your looking for...

I have a 18" 6.8 barrel with a mid-length gas system. I am interested in something light that I can put a chuck of rail at the bottom for a bipod. This is not a fighting rifle, but nothing that is going to break if I sneeze either.

This where I am starting, but I can not find the weight listed anywhere...
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...h-handguard-free-float-smooth-prod117516.aspx

The magpul heat shield hand guards aren't free float but they are durable, low cost, lightweight, and have the ability to add a rail on the bottom for a bipod.

My personal favorite is the Seekins Precision NOXs rail, followed by SLR and Midwest Industries. I hear a lot of good things about ALG Defense, too.

Here's my 18" Grendel w/ 15" Seekins NOXs (Left) & 12.5" Grendel w/ 11.5" SLR Helix (Right):
IMG_20180529_213156.jpg

I would skip using a rail on the bottom, and go with a standard sling swivel stud adapter. The NOXs is so slim that I had trouble using an Impact Weapons System bipod adapter, but the OdinWorks M-Pod adapter works perfectly!

Here are some links:

NOXs™ Rail System

HELIX 15" MLOK Handguard - F model

SSM Series M-LOK Handguard

M-Pod Bipod Adapter

This just happens to be the style I like, but there are plenty of other options for you to choose from.

Key mod AIM SPORTS hand gaurd aim sports hand gaurds are not real exspesive about the same as that tube Colt one .
Around $60 bucks depends on the size the bi bod is a UTG LEAPERS bi pod it is two peice and attached directly to the hand guard no rail mount this gun is not done yet I just put it together to see how it was going to work lol none of the screw's are tight IMG_20180508_110341.jpg IMG_20180508_104343.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top