JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I did with I-594, I have started creating images to oppose I-1639 on your website, Twitter or social media. This link should be accessible for everyone. I'm open to your ideas for more images.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mUGBdsQEpcLbNy6J7

iciZagF0Wqd9UW39za7bsfOzE0ngBr2BDhS7cbuX2YC4T4vyEFcQBSPiz-fV2QPUoVApds6G7ZqU5101Rd_=w512-h384-no.jpg

The anti-gun set would get one look at that and immediately go apoplectic.

On my Washington2A facebook page, the above image has reached more than 202,000 people and been shared more than 5,000 times. A few of the commenters we're unhappy about me using a child.

Others who told me I need to read the initiative left after seeing the part showing the meme to be accurate.

6eD1pmm2QR2GuUHgnakSkFd4-dW7o-yBckgA3fj_oAjQ8VbRBf3a9IPSVW926DzsjM8LtTenSaHRYBaPrl8=w701-h486-no.png

Use them like you own them :)

PWLR1jBTLChL2QD9Dad9bYh7ixBjrSDMCxqnMVzD2H_hIHVF8lY31X05cXB3L0lanxdCM87tkk9gZXagCs1=w850-h484-no.jpg

I-1639 Gun Registry

NEW SECTION. Sec. 15. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:
(1) Within twelve months of the effective date of this section, the department of licensing shall, in conjunction with the Washington state patrol and other state and local law enforcement agencies as necessary, develop a cost-effective and efficient process to:
(a) Verify, on an annual or more frequent basis, that persons who acquired pistols or semiautomatic assault rifles pursuant to this chapter remain eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law; and
(b) If such persons are determined to be ineligible for any reason, (i) notify and provide the relevant information to the chief of police or the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides and (ii) take steps to ensure such persons are not illegally in possession of firearms.
(2) The department of licensing, where appropriate, may consult with individuals from the public and private sector or ask the individuals to establish a temporary advisory committee to accomplish the purposes in subsection (1) of this section. Members of such an advisory committee are not entitled to expense reimbursement.
~~~
Full text of Initiative 1639 is available at https://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf
35744082_1307684609365769_4669155206288637952_n.jpg

-k6BzDjGH714X_Ls4YQ17DuCvoCMcLhd6WracpQbAvPZ9jOUxKnnVrN1O7M42HhjAbQRL9j0m1qIEwGdXzT=w700-h525-no.jpg

In the text of Initiative 1639, the word "license" appears 104 times.
Should a license be required to exercise your Civil Right?

The phrase "semiautomatic assault rifle" appears 38 times.
This is a completely new term! The initiatives own descritpion of "semiautomatic assault rifle" (page 27) actually describes ALL SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES. All of them no matter the date of manufacture or caliber. Talk about "common use".

#DoNotSign1639 #DontSign1639 #2A #NRA #SAF

This is what Progressives do, they infringe, take away your "Rights" and sell them back to you in the form of License's and Permits, eventually up to the point where you cannot afford them...

View attachment 471591

In the text of Initiative 1639, the word "license" appears 104 times.
Should a license be required to exercise your Civil Right?

The phrase "semiautomatic assault rifle" appears 38 times.
This is a completely new term! The initiatives own descritpion of "semiautomatic assault rifle" (page 27) actually describes ALL SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES. All of them no matter the date of manufacture or caliber. Talk about "common use".

#DoNotSign1639 #DontSign1639 #2A #NRA #SAF

I had thought there was an exception for tube fed rifles but there isn't (maybe that was Oregon initiative). Astounding that the definition in of an assault rifle in I1693 is literally, any semi-auto:

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which
utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract
the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which
requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
"Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms,
any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any
firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide
action.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews