JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a closed road near my shop that I sometimes take the dog for a walk down. One day I was walking along there and saw an ammo can about 20 feet off the path tucked behind a rock. I thought I had found somebody's hidihole, I was quite disappointed when I opened it up and found it full of plastic trinkets and notes.

Geocaching is a very popular hobby my wife and I did it for a couple years as a way to get out and do something when we couldn't think of anything else to do. Had a blast. Please respect any caches you happen to find. Think about the people (many times with kids) who might have traveled quite a ways to open that little box only to find some A hole stole it.

My wife and I once hiked 4 miles up a trail at Silver Creek Falls State park only to find where the cache was but it was missing (it was obvious as a pocket had been made under a rock to hold it) talk about a lot of effort for nothing.

Caches can range from as small as film cans to 5 gallon buckets. Old lunch boxes and ammo cans are common.

There are web sites that list thousands of them to seek out.

Came across two in my lifetime but never actually searched them out. Each time I got excited until I opened the can - it's like a treasure hunt without treasure. I guess I don't have the imagination I used to, but I bet my kid would like it. Its more about the journey, after all.

No caches were harmed, nor were they disturbed during the formulation of this joke. Thanks for enjoying!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top