JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Find a new FFL, there is no requirement to .show it, just mark the box that you have received it.
He has always been very fair and honest with me. Not a lot of ffl in my area and a couple are sleazy. The initiative listed requirements for a certified trainer. Why wouldn't you state where your cert is from? An ffl is not required to complete a transfer he is not comfortable with. He has no business relationship with any trainer.

He has always been very fair and honest with me. Not a lot of ffl in my area and a couple are sleazy. The initiative listed requirements for a certified trainer. Why wouldn't you state where your cert is from? An ffl is not required to complete a transfer he is not comfortable with. He has no business relationship with any trainer.
Shrug, by all means ask your FFL where he wants to go and pay, go to the one he points you too, pay them, everyone is now happy.

NRA certified trainer. My trainer number is at the bottom of the certificate. But other comments are correct, the FFl isn't verifying or approving any class, the purchaser does by signing the application under penalty of perjury.

Shrug, by all means ask your FFL where he wants to go and pay, go to the one he points you too, pay them, everyone is now happy.
Why wouldn't Sporting Systems show where there trading cert was from? They have been the most vocal ffl has on this blog about the new laws and I have disagreed with them sometimes and got kind of a smack down from them when I did. I' just asking what organization certified their trainer.

Why wouldn't Sporting Systems show where there trading cert was from? They have been the most vocal ffl has on this blog about the new laws and I have disagreed with them sometimes and got kind of a smack down from them when I did. I' just asking what organization certified their trainer.
NRA certified trainer. My trainer number is at the bottom of the certificate. But other comments are correct, the FFl isn't verifying or approving any class, the purchaser does by signing the application under penalty of perjury.
Thanks for clarifying that. Yes your cert number is on the certificate but no reference to what organization issued it. Somewhere early on discussion of 1639 I posted that the only requirement was to check the training box and someone corrected me and said the ffl had to see proof. Showing where you earned your cert doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Thanks for clarifying that. Yes your cert number is on the certificate but no reference to what organization issued it. Somewhere early on discussion of 1639 I posted that the only requirement was to check the training box and someone corrected me and said the ffl had to see proof. Showing where you earned your cert doesn't seem like too much to ask.

I didn't put the "NRA" on the certificate for a number of reasons, it was considered and your query is valid.

1) it's not required.
2) there is no requirement for a certificate at all. Anyone requiring to see it, doesn't understand the details of the law. We know the rules because we're challenging the legality of each portion. Your statement about the application signature under penalty of perjury was accurate.
3) we didnt want people to assume this was an NRA certified or NRA approved course. The NRA has no 1639 course, or any class that meets the requirements of 1639.
4) a lot of folks really dislike the NRA, so We chose not to antagonize those whom disagree with the NRA leadership.

What we've seen is a lot of shops creating their own rules and it's their shop...so be it. They're just adding to the hassle and subjugation of citizens exercising their rights. But, it's their shop and their rules. Some don't like the content. Some don't like the certificate. Some think it's making fun of the law (it is). Can't please everyone.

We're still pleased to have trained over 37,000 online and another 1200 in person. And we did it all for free, well, it cost me $3000 for the secure servers and webdesign.

There is a letter posted on Northwest Firearms from the attorney generals office stating that the ffl must see proof of training.

The AG doesn't require a certificate, but certification. The certification is the perjury statement and checking box #4 on the SAR application. Not an argument, just a detail that is confused by many.

I didn't put the "NRA" on the certificate for a number of reasons, it was considered and your query is valid.

1) it's not required.
2) there is no requirement for a certificate at all. Anyone requiring to see it, doesn't understand the details of the law. We know the rules because we're challenging the legality of each portion. Your statement about the application signature under penalty of perjury was accurate.
3) we didnt want people to assume this was an NRA certified or NRA approved course. The NRA has no 1639 course, or any class that meets the requirements of 1639.
4) a lot of folks really dislike the NRA, so We chose not to antagonize those whom disagree with the NRA leadership.

What we've seen is a lot of shops creating their own rules and it's their shop...so be it. They're just adding to the hassle and subjugation of citizens exercising their rights. But, it's their shop and their rules. Some don't like the content. Some don't like the certificate. Some think it's making fun of the law (it is). Can't please everyone.

We're still pleased to have trained over 37,000 online and another 1200 in person. And we did it all for free, well, it cost me $3000 for the secure servers and webdesign.
Thank you for your replies. I have your certificate and appreciate the work and expense you put into it and made a small donation to your legal fund. You are correct about dealers making their own rules and the dealer I referred to is a decent, honest man with his own interpretations and opinions. There are a number of dealers in this area that I can't say that about.

I just took your online course for the certification. I have no plans to buy an SAR but I figured it would improve the statistical numbers used to fight politicians suffering from mental disease.

I will be honest I had my reservations about a Free online I1639 course. I am happy to say I no longer have any reservations. I shared the link on my FB thread and knowing some of my friends they will more than likely hit it up.
Thank you for doing something decent in times where people barely know what that word means.

Thanks....

After the last time I used it..... Well, I forgot where I put it. So, the hunt was on. Rrrright, I put it in plain sight. Just so I could find it easily. Well, it only took a half hour to search the house (looking in the usual places).

FOUND IT!!

OK, Ok, ok.....now, I'll have to find a new, "better place". BTW.....F@#* WA State and these stupid laws.

"......shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews