JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So they quit selling magazines that talk about the legal use of modern sporting rifles. But I assume they will keep selling video games in which the players kill each other with those same weapons?

Interesting way to go!

Reality is Freddys was never in the firearms business.
Fred Meyers added more stores to carry firearms in 2012 and now are removing them.
Why ? Because Freddy's is not political they are economical. They carried guns when the majority wanted them to and now do so because the political shift is now against firearms.
Gun owners need to start seeing how this all works and stop being shocked when the obvious happens.

( When Cabelas, stops carrying firearms then it would be note worthy. )

Sounds like y'all need to ban Fred. We don't have them down here, but many a shooter down here will no longer visit Dick's Sports because of similar crap. I have no idea if blacklisting works or not. But I refuse to do business with folks that don't support what I believe in. Example: I no longer watch or support the NFL, or knowingly buy products from their sponsors. Has that been kind of a PITA? Yes it has. I love football and I like Bud lite. I spend my "football money" on our favorite college team and drink more of my homemade shine now;) Point is I do not knowingly support those that don't support me. If we could get 3% of the 2nd supporters to do that across the board it would be noticed.

Its too much of a coincidence in light of recent events.....

FM has always has a small outdoor dept. Hunting and fishing.

any magazine that showcases "assault" style guns...
slowly but surely they will make guns go away and vilify them in the process.

<broken link removed>

Let Fred Meyers know how you feel about this by contacting them here:
https://www.fredmeyer.com/customercomments
Yep. Saw this BS this morning and will be drafting my letter when I get home to let them know that their recent panderings will be costing them a 25 year patronage.

Apparently Fred Meyers is attempting to sell the firearms in their stores back to the Manufacturers, they have Zero plans to mark them down and sell them. Per the Old Guy at OC Fred Meyer "Pro Shop"

In the 50's & 60's the old Hollywood Fred Meyers had a 20-25ft gun counter in the basement. rifles, shotguns, handguns and ammo. At right angle to that was the other sporting goods counter. Across the street was the Western Auto store which is now Sam's Billiards. They also had sporting goods counter that also had guns and ammo. I used to love to go look at the guns in both stores and would buy my .22 ammo at whichever store had the lowest price starting when I was 12 after getting my .22 rifle. Nobody ever said anything. They took out the guns in FM in the late 60's-early 70's and when they brought them back I looked once or twice at them and never really looked again. I am not all that upset that they pulled out of guns again but it does make for less choices.

ha ha ha... not really surprised... Here's the FM auto replay...
upload_2018-3-20_15-6-14.png

I've bought 3 guns at Fred Meyer, two pistols and an AR15. All good guns and were at a good (well, decent) price. Ammo prices are awful. Really doesn't bother me that they are cutting back selling guns and if they quit, so be it. Appreciate having Freddy's in our little town.

I just sent them a message. I can understand not selling guns. I can respect that more than choosing which ones not to sell. And floor space is limited. If it isn't making them money, stop selling. But censoring which magazines to carry is unacceptable. We won't be shopping there anymore until they revers that decision.

Message written and sent . . . their prices for equipment were never conducive to making an actual purchase for anything I wanted, but the magazine thing is really going too far. I wonder, are they going to stop selling all firearm related toys too? Water pistols, Nerf guns, Cap guns? Plastic army figures, super heroes with weapons?:(

Message written and sent . . . their prices for equipment were never conducive to making an actual purchase for anything I wanted, but the magazine thing is really going too far. I wonder, are they going to stop selling all firearm related toys too? Water pistols, Nerf guns, Cap guns? Plastic army figures, super heroes with weapons?:(
No, will still sell toys that instill violence and unrealistic ideas of what a gun does. They even sell a hand grenade that is timed 6 seconds when you pull the pin. I'd buy it for novelty if the safety lever actually worked.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top