JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...they got nothing because Mom yelled at them and said they just got there they have no money and got other people looking so they ran away
So, a hypothetical situation here for the group's consideration (and my edification)...
This event described by EPS took place in Tacoma, WA. I know that in WA, brandishing a concealed firearm is an offense that will get you locked up and fined, and likely result in your losing your CPL and probably all of your guns, too. But if "Mom" was to have pulled a CCW and drew down on these turds but NOT fired, would she have been guilty of a crime under the CCW law in WA?

I have read several articles in American Rifleman where a CCW holder pulled out their piece and stopped a crime before it was committed, but what happens in these cases? Was there definite "imminent bodily harm" to the young Girl Scout? Could there have been? Say if I'm at an ATM and someone comes up and wants my card/money, and I draw down on them, am I in a legal "good space" even if I don't have to squeeze off one/two/half a mag into the perp?

So, a hypothetical situation here for the group's consideration (and my edification)...
This event described by EPS took place in Tacoma, WA. I know that in WA, brandishing a concealed firearm is an offense that will get you locked up and fined, and likely result in your losing your CPL and probably all of your guns, too. But if "Mom" was to have pulled a CCW and drew down on these turds but NOT fired, would she have been guilty of a crime under the CCW law in WA?

I have read several articles in American Rifleman where a CCW holder pulled out their piece and stopped a crime before it was committed, but what happens in these cases? Was there definite "imminent bodily harm" to the young Girl Scout? Could there have been? Say if I'm at an ATM and someone comes up and wants my card/money, and I draw down on them, am I in a legal "good space" even if I don't have to squeeze off one/two/half a mag into the perp?
I don't know but you can look it up on any news outlets in Seattle or Tacoma the Fred Meyer on 72 and Pacific ave

But I won't really get an answer to my question. Since Mom just yelled and they ran away, and she did not draw on them, it's not the same situation. I want to know what would have happened to "Mom" if she had drawn on them but did not fire. i.e., used the CCW to "change their mind" about what they were attempting to pull off...

I gotta get ready for a dinner date, but I'll chk back here tomorrow and see what obtains. Cheerio!

But I won't really get an answer to my question. Since Mom just yelled and they ran away, and she did not draw on them, it's not the same situation. I want to know what would have happened to "Mom" if she had drawn on them but did not fire. i.e., used the CCW to "change their mind" about what they were attempting to pull off...
I would like to say NO CHARGES FILED but who knows .but I don't know if I would have drawn on them right away eather just give them the money it's only money why get in a gun FIGHT with kids in the middle .JUST GIVE THEM THE MONEY AND LET THEM WALK AWAY following them if you can ONLY GO FOR THE GUN IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TOO .

Read today that they are now saying they are just getting out of ammo and guns altogether. I like this much better. I wold prefer any store do this rather than making up feel good rules.
Might as well just fold the whole tent up what with those lawsuits filed against them for age discrimination.
laters

I remember back when Sears used to sell guns in their sporting goods section. Then after decades of selling guns they decided to get all squirmy and go the PC route. Wow, just look at them now {snark}.

I remember back when Sears used to sell guns in their sporting goods section. Then after decades of selling guns they decided to get all squirmy and go the PC route. Wow, just look at them now {snark}.
You used to be able to order a gun through the mail from Sears and other places OH YEAH YOU COULD BUY A SUPPRESSOR IN THE MAIL ALSO

So just imagine this most of us on here are older imagine how it's going to be when are kids or grand kids get to our age THEY WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO OWN A GUN .SO WHAT EVER GUN I LEAVE BEHIND TO THEM WILL PROBABLY BE DESTROYED

New WinCo opening here closer to me than my nearest Freddie's, so no reason to go there when it opens.

I was there today to get some lawn products and stopped by the gun counter and asked the guy just getting off duty there if they were closing out the guns. He confirmed and said he'd be out of a job soon. I didn't think about the gun counter folks losing their jobs - I can tell you that the ones I've dealt with at the OC Fred's have been among the best in the area. He mentioned that he expected there would be some sales to move the inventory but wasn't sure.

hey fred meyer
11 teens die a day from texting and driving.
Let's ban their cell phones too.
Also, their cars. and you also sell alcohol, drinking and driving kills more people than any firearms. a drunk bubblegum behind the wheel of a car is more deadly than any firearm

Girl scout cookie robbers welcome to the Sanctuary city North West IMG_20180317_214226_1.jpg MVIMG_20180317_214227.jpg

This illustrates how seriously dumb the senior management is.......nothing more or less. I hope there stockholders take note at the next shareholder meeting.

Their new merchandising plan includes less variety and more space. If you don't have it you can't sell it. Also the expensive organic produce is up front and you almost have to crawl over the top of it to get to regular stuff. They have survived due to the convenience of non food items and the other grocery options in my area like Albertsons and their twin Safeway are more expensive. The new direction, especially the unintended consequences of offending sportsmen, is not going to help the bottom line.

It's not just the magazines (publications). I read today that all 40(ish) of the select FM stores that have carried guns and ammo will now cease to do so. Libtards are chortling with glee as their duplicitous efforts conspire to fold both the 1st and 2nd Amendments like cheap lawn chairs.

We spend some time in Florence OR every year. I'm not sure the only gun store in Florence would be too sad that Fred Meyer stops selling firearms? The True Value hardware store closed up their gun counter a couple/three years ago. Maybe they would get back in the biz? Maybe @Throckmorton would have some input?

Good lord...I just spent 20 minutes reading Fred's Farce Book page!

Security Check Required
Edit: What the heck? "Security Check"??

Some of the comments! At first you see all the folks protesting their decision to stop selling guns and ammo. Then come the people that are so GD fearful of the mere sight of a gun that they sound like they'll wet their pants if they see a gun on someones hip! It hurts my brain to realize there's people out there like this!!!

Fred Meyer's is ceasing gun sales all together (they're prolonging this so don't expect any good sales). The move is profitable and not political, no matter how you hear it. The company has just not kept itself competitive with sporting goods.
Years down the road only groceries will remain, and it will only be known as Kroger.
Your childhood store is dead, and Kroger is eating its corpse.

Just going to leave this here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top