JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just discovered FM's gun counter in Albany this week. Decent prices on guns. High prices on ammo. I'll keep buying my guns at Albany Guns, Coins, and Ammo; and my ammo at Bi-Mart. I like the counter, though. Now I can ogle it while waiting for my wife.

So, here is a concerning item:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/moms-demand-action-kroger-print-ads

I put this here, because Fred Meyer is owned by Kroger now. I wonder how it will impact things with the growing number of Fred Meyer's that have new firearm counters.
Time will tell but I am guessing it won't. If your worried find your nearest store a d ask to talk to the store manager and express how you feel about it. Write letters or email to FM' corporate headquarters.... Be proactive.

Yes on the political front, I have seen numerous articles about this... I did read in one article, where they said they will leave it up to local laws to regulate there stores decisions.

I hope they stick with that philosophy.

Time will tell but I am guessing it won't. If your worried find your nearest store a d ask to talk to the store manager and express how you feel about it. Write letters or email to FM' corporate headquarters.... Be proactive.

I used this form on "Store Policy" to comment and thank them for not caving to Mom's. I urge everyone to do the same. Mom's win because they are a vocal minority and we need to work on showing we are the vocal majority. Take a few minutes of your time to type out how you feel and let them know you'll support them because they are supporting us.

https://customer.fredmeyer.com/comments/comments.aspx/

Mine was pretty simple and straight forward.

I have recently seen in the news that Fred Meyer's parent company Kroger is the target of a negative campaign by Mom's Demand Action For Gun Sense in America for choosing to follow state and local laws regarding open carry.

I wanted to express my appreciation for this stance. Having a store respect our rights and our option to open carry is a refreshing stance to see. I shop often at Fred Meyer because it based in the Northwest, features NW farms and products and offers a great selection of goods all in one place. One of those goods recently is ammunition and firearms. I know FM had carried these in the past, and did carry them in Alaska, but seeing them again in your lower 48 stores was refreshing.

I am happy to see Fred Meyer and their Parent company stand up to the very vocal minority on this issue, and not cave as other have done. I will continue to spend my money at your stores, and feel more secure knowing you give people the option defending themselves if the need arise.

Thank you again for your support, I intend to continue mine.

I had a small problem with the OC one last year. I was home on leave, saw a beautiful SR556 on sale, asked to take a look at it. At the time I was 20, might have looked a little bit younger with my haircut. Lady behind the counter said I couldn't see it because I wasn't 21. I politely told her the law was 18 for rifles. Her response was something along the line of "the store policy is 21 for AR type rifles". Being an infantryman, I got a little hot headed and asked to speak with the manager. Manager came forth, repeated what the associate had said. I threw the cash for it on the counter (was planning on buying a new AR that day) along with my military ID. I asked if he was really going to deny someone legally able to buy said firearm the right to do so, when I had cash in hand and would obviously pass a BGC. His tune changed quickly. Been pleasant ever since.

I had a small problem with the OC one last year. I was home on leave, saw a beautiful SR556 on sale, asked to take a look at it. At the time I was 20, might have looked a little bit younger with my haircut. Lady behind the counter said I couldn't see it because I wasn't 21. I politely told her the law was 18 for rifles. Her response was something along the line of "the store policy is 21 for AR type rifles". Being an infantryman, I got a little hot headed and asked to speak with the manager. Manager came forth, repeated what the associate had said. I threw the cash for it on the counter (was planning on buying a new AR that day) along with my military ID. I asked if he was really going to deny someone legally able to buy said firearm the right to do so, when I had cash in hand and would obviously pass a BGC. His tune changed quickly. Been pleasant ever since.

Most of the time the person at the gun counter was just pulled out of the Garden section try and answer questions. They also have a 'no safety check, hand you the gun muzzle first' attitude.

If Fred's ever said that they had a no gun policy, I would still carry and if they confronted me I would just say "Im just bringing the gun I bought here back for a return"

I use the geezer discount at FM when I remember. 10% off, first Tuesday every month, 55 or older. Saved a nice chunk of cash on a huge-*ss TV for my sweetheart last Christmas.

Just checked their website list of discount approved/non-approved merchandise, and I didn't see firearms or ammo in either category. Has anyone here tried the discount on gun related stuff?

That could really be "more bang for the buck!"

I used the geezer discount on a gun. No prob.

Does anyone know if any of the inner city FM's sell guns and ammo. I only go to Glisan store and being one of the smallest FM stores they don't. When I was growing up in the 50-60's the old Hollywood store had guns and ammo as did the Coast to Coast store across the street. Payless drug store in Lloyd Center also sold guns and ammo. Even Meier & Frank used to sell guns, but I don't remember any at Lloyd Center store.

Does anyone know if any of the inner city FM's sell guns and ammo. I only go to Glisan store and being one of the smallest FM stores they don't. When I was growing up in the 50-60's the old Hollywood store had guns and ammo as did the Coast to Coast store across the street. Payless drug store in Lloyd Center also sold guns and ammo. Even Meier & Frank used to sell guns, but I don't remember any at Lloyd Center store.
From the lists that have seen posted here in the past, no.

I've not purchased a gun at the OC Freddy's, but I have bought ammo there. Their prices aren't the worst, but also not the best. I like to spend some money there to show my support for them carrying guns. Their ammo selection has been growing in the last months, but no sign of a single .22lr there in over a year.

Freds with guns... That I'm aware of.

Anchorage
Soldotna
East Anchorage
Bend
Burlington
Brookings
Diamond (Anchorage)
Juneau
Kitsap (Bremmerton)
Medford
Monroe
North Coast (Warrenton)
Newberg
East Fairbanks
Newport
Oregon City
Puyallup
RoseBurg
Tillamook
Scappoose
West Fairbanks
Canby
Wasilla
SE Anchorage
Issaquah
Tumwater
Sunset (west Hillsboro)
Eagle River (Alaska)
Snohomish
^^^List

I've only seen guns at FM's outside of Multnomah county. I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing them for sale inside that boundary, probably far too much liability for them under the current Mult. Co. gun laws.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top