JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found out today that Fred Meyer is going to start selling rifles, handguns and ammo in some of their stores. It is starting with 4 stores; Newberg, Tillamook, Brookings and Bend. I noticed the new counter and gun rack they put up in the Newberg Fred Meyer, and when I made my daily delivery there I noticed they were receiving a bunch of ammo. Life is good!

I remember years and years ago Fred Meyer sold rifles, handguns, and ammunition. Then they stopped altogether for P.C. reasons I imagine. It is interesting that now, they will start selling them again? Interesting indeed.

Awesome. They'll probably have inflated firearms prices to go along with their expensive ammo. I'm all for it anyway. Kudos for Freddy!!!

I thought I'd add that the Freddy's in Tillamook already carries ammo. Apparently other stores do not.

Last Edited:
Years ago the Rockwood Fred Meyers had a seperate store that had firearms,when they discontinued with firearm sales they said a lot of it was due to theft.
I also think it had to do with the fact that they were putting the chain up for sale in the not so far future,and many of the potential buyers didn't have firearms in any of their stores,making it easier to market themselves.
RK

I also noticed the new gun cases/counter in Newberg Fred Meyer's store the other day. I'm very interested to see if they put realistic prices on their firearms/accessories. I will definitely be browsing there looking for decent prices. The whole area around there is kind of lacking in places to buy guns/ammo and I for one, am very happy to see Freddy's start selling these items again! :s0155:

Interesting--I do deliveries in Newberg at least once a week, and drive
right by Freddie's. Looks like I'll be stopping once in a while now!

I wonder what prompted the decision to get back in guns/ammo after
all these years? Probably some bean counter at corporate that figured
out that while the economy is in the crapper, guns and ammo are selling
like hotcakes.:s0114:

If nothing else, Fred Meyer does great market research on what their customers want. If they are starting to carry firearms and ammo again in more of their stores I would guess it has more to do with market demand for a product than any PC notions. It's all about the dollars.

ok, I went to the corporate site and used their form letter for customer contact...what a PIA... and told them how happy the shooting community was to hear of this,and encouraged them to expand to ALL their stores as the larger metro areas had thousands of hunters and target shooters living there.
so far,just stock from letter answeres with a promise to forward my letter to the proper person.
we'll see.
AS to why guns,why now ? Walmarts for the most part has abandoned us,and the bean counters see a spot to make some money.
good for them ! and good for us.

Anyone remember the coast to coast stores. Loved that place. Got my first couple of rifles there. A 22 and 20 gauge shotgun. Stop in after school with some friends and pick upsomeammo and go shooting. Good times.
I am sure it is more of a profit thing for thestore but they are also making a statment to the average person that shops there also.

I just called Fred Meyer Corporate and thanked them. This was the first they at the call center had heard of it but they were able to confirm this was going to happen. I thanked them and told them that that it is great to see companies progressing and that I would continue to support there company. The person at the call center was a 2nd amendment supporter herself. E-mail and/or call and continue to shop there to support them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top