JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just sent an email to Fred Meyer commending them on their decision to sell firearms in some of their stores. I also suggested that they expand their gun sales to all their stores.

Go to Fred Meyer - Home and send them a message thanking them and add your name to the list suggesting they expand their gun sales to all stores. I can remember when Sears, Monkey Wards, Penny's and virtually every hardware store sold firearms! Maybe we can reverse the trend with a little effort on our part!:)

will do.
last year when the 1s stores started stocking them, I called the person in charge,a very nice sounding lady and thanked her and Freddy's for doing this.She said if things go well...meaning they sell guns.... more stores would e added. Looks like they are.
neat !

The Freddies closest to me started selling guns last November or December. They have Senior day every first Tuesday of the month. I forget how much of a discount it is, but it’s a healthy discount. However, they could not order the Mini-14 Tactical model. They have Mini-14's in stock, but since the word “Tactical” is in the name, and it has a flash suppresser on it, they could not order it. Stupid. Shoots no different than the SS Mini-14 in a black synthetic stock they have in stock. Oh well. That’s one sale they lost.

They do have a nice selection of hand guns, and an old friend works behind the counter.

Gee, I have not checked out the sporting goods section of a Fred Myer store for many years. Do any of the Portland OR stores sell firearms??

Like Dicks Sporting goods and others it will be rifles only, I am sure.

The Freddies closest to me started selling guns last November or December. They have Senior day every first Tuesday of the month. I forget how much of a discount it is, but it’s a healthy discount. However, they could not order the Mini-14 Tactical model. They have Mini-14's in stock, but since the word “Tactical” is in the name, and it has a flash suppresser on it, they could not order it. Stupid. Shoots no different than the SS Mini-14 in a black synthetic stock they have in stock. Oh well. That’s one sale they lost.

They do have a nice selection of hand guns, and an old friend works behind the counter.

That sounds super lame. So they sell guns but they are the "an honest man will never need more than 10 rounds" type, eh?

Gee, I have not checked out the sporting goods section of a Fred Myer store for many years. Do any of the Portland OR stores sell firearms??

Like Dicks Sporting goods and others it will be rifles only, I am sure.

As far as I know the only stores selling firearms are: Newberg, Scappoose, Warrenton and the North Medford store. All these are in Oregon. The Newberg store is the only one that I have been to and they had rifles, shotguns and handguns! I have not found any in SW Washington yet. That's why it's important to write or email FM and let them know we would like ALL their stores to carry firearms!:s0155:

That sounds super lame. So they sell guns but they are the "an honest man will never need more than 10 rounds" type, eh?

I think that we should keep a positive outlook on the fact that they are selling ANY guns! It's a start. With enough support and input from consumers maybe they will change their attitude about "tactical" rifles.:)

As far as I know the only stores selling firearms are: Newberg, Scappoose, Warrenton and the North Medford store. All these are in Oregon. The Newberg store is the only one that I have been to and they had rifles, shotguns and handguns! I have not found any in SW Washington yet. That's why it's important to write or email FM and let them know we would like ALL their stores to carry firearms!:s0155:

The store here inherited all the stock from another Freddies store, I forget where, cause they had to close down their gun department because it was within 1,000 feet of a school. The guy in charge of the gun department here told me that when they were just starting to set up the gun department, and had no guns on display yet. He had a huge inventory because of that, so due to some laws, city ordinances and so on, some Freddies many not be able to legally sell guns.

The Tillamook Fred Meyer had ammo (rifle, shotgun, and handgun cartridges) last time I was there, but didn't see any firearms. I didn't look all that hard, though.

The store here inherited all the stock from another Freddies store, I forget where, cause they had to close down their gun department because it was within 1,000 feet of a school. The guy in charge of the gun department here told me that when they were just starting to set up the gun department, and had no guns on display yet. He had a huge inventory because of that, so due to some laws, city ordinances and so on, some Freddies many not be able to legally sell guns.

I believe it was the Redmond store that had the school issues. Their application for a FFL was denied.

Tillamook will be selling firearms by the end of the month I think.

Brookings and Bend are two other locations that also have them in addition to what you listed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top