JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to upgrade from Lee Precision Safety Measure. It isn't bad as it throws semi-consistanttly +/- .5 grains, or thereabouts but its plastic. I like the fact, FA can be mounted on the side of a table but I'm not going to buy it for the mount. I picked these two because they're less expensive and you don't have to buy separate inserts. I'm leaning towards Lyman but thoughts?

If that's the intellidropper, it seems to get mostly good reviews.

As mentioned, let us know how you like it!

Tested using H335, spherical powder. Clean everything first. Clean it well, use Q-tips. I don't know if it was static but everything was coated with powder even after cleaning it with alcohol and 410 ga cleaning tip.

It took over 10 throws before it settled. It took another 5+ throws to get from .3 to about .1 accuracy. It kept that accuracy thereafter - about another 15 throws. Used a Hornady LNL beam scale.

I could feel it cutting grains even with spherical powder. Vs Lee perfect powder measure, its a little more accurate but not substantially. It may take Lee 5 throws to go out of kilter and Lyman perhaps 8 or 10. But Lee will go .3 grns or so vs. .1 for Lyman. The Lyman is much more substantial at 2.5 lbs, all metal manufacture and cost twice as much (no stand - with stand 3x more).

Final thoughts: Yes, I would buy it again. Lee products, IMO, needs another level of equipment for their accessories. Their dies and presses are very good but scale and measure is basic. The zip trim is... Its sad when progression in equipment means going outside the manufacturer.

I have a Lee powder measure that came with the press kit I bought a few years ago. I was also having issues with inconsistent powder throws.

I was shopping for a new one when my dad mentioned that he had an RCBS powder measure he bought new in the 70's that he never used and that I could have.

The thing is a tank. Every time I test it, it is within .1 grain of what it's supposed to be. Very impressed with it. Hate to think what it would cost to replace it.

The rest of my Lee equipment seems to work just fine, however. Well, except for the hand priming tool. The old one my dad gave me with the black circular feed tray is fine. The new one with the clear plastic triangular feed tray is garbage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top