JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My first posting ever. Just purchased a binary trigger (22-C1) from my local gun shop.......$299.00. Spent most of the day trouble shooting, tearing down, re-installing etc.
I've owned firearms since 12 y/o, and have owned several Ruger 10/22's. A simple and dependable rifle that is easy to work on. This trigger will not function correctly! I can't get it to fire on semi-auto, things feel wonky, I don't trust any of it!

When I called my local T.L. firearms, they said they have five staff members that went to binary. Two of the plastic trigger boxes work fine. The remaining three alloy trigger boxes do not function correctly!!

They have been sent to Franklin Armory 10 days ago, awaiting tech inspection. When I called Franklin Armory today they wouldn't give me any help. "Send in the unit and we will look at it". I said "you all ready have three examples of metal trigger box issues". image.jpg

Another solution from Franklin Armory was to buy the newest BX trigger box and use that!
The store did not inform me of any known issues about an alloy trigger box install, when they had three of their own staff eagerly awaiting F. A. words of wisdom or discovery.
I'm thinking it will be a simple fix...... a little dremel tool work? I know I will not be stuck with this $299 purchase, as the gun shop will be reasonable.
I will add info when I figure it out ............ the bottom line...... I want to use this cool option on my pictured Ruger.

Wish I would have searched these before buying. I just got my trigger, it does not work as advertised. Fires once or twice in semi and doesn't work. Binary only fires on release. Not too happy with it.

Are you saying a plastic trigger housing is needed? @Ungulate

Wish I would have searched these before buying. I just got my trigger, it does not work as advertised. Fires once or twice in semi and doesn't work. Binary only fires on release. Not too happy with it.

Are you saying a plastic trigger housing is needed? @Ungulate
That is what Franklin said when I called them. They did say "send it in" but I'm holding off for a while.

My local gun shop said they will know more from Franklin in about a week. The sent in their own Ruger 10-22's as they had problems. Very soon I will know and post the info here. And I saw another member had a fix regarding spring.
Good Luck! It will be a simple fix...... and worth waiting for.

We have installed a few of the Franklin 10/22 Binary triggers here in the shop and found that if you use the factory shorter trigger spring it functions like a dream. Here is a short video one of our customers sent us after we got it installed. (We got permission from our customer before posting this video)
View attachment 761433
Do you mean the spring behind the trigger? If so, the stock one made little difference.

That is what Franklin said when I called them. They did say "send it in" but I'm holding off for a while.

My local gun shop said they will know more from Franklin in about a week. The sent in their own Ruger 10-22's as they had problems. Very soon I will know and post the info here. And I saw another member had a fix regarding spring.
Good Luck! It will be a simple fix...... and worth waiting for.
I'll call tomorrow. I'm using an aluminum housing now. No go,,,

Good Luck, this was a "cry once" purchase for me. Spending more money may be the answer! I'll update if I discover any Facts.
Thanks Coyote223…….......

Yes UPDATE: The shop I purchased the FA Binary trigger pulled all their remaining 10-22 triggers. They call Franklin every other Friday and get the same rhetoric....."engineers are working on it".

A friend told me she saw a posting somewhere that a tech stated; "Franklin Armory had production issues early on, and knew there were problems with 10-22 triggers"..... I solved my problems by presenting my receipt dated August 28, 2020 and received a full refund.

Franklin Armory has strange business practices. I hope they can get it together, I would still purchase one after they build a working-tried and true product. Good Luck!

Yes UPDATE: The shop I purchased the FA Binary trigger pulled all their remaining 10-22 triggers. They call Franklin every other Friday and get the same rhetoric....."engineers are working on it".

A friend told me she saw a posting somewhere that a tech stated; "Franklin Armory had production issues early on, and knew there were problems with 10-22 triggers"..... I solved my problems by presenting my receipt dated August 28, 2020 and received a full refund.

Franklin Armory has strange business practices. I hope they can get it together, I would still purchase one after they build a working-tried and true product. Good Luck!
Wow, makes me think twice about getting one. I really want one, maybe I'll do one in my AR and drop in my 22 conversion. Best of both worlds.

Well, I got mine back today. Franklin people claim they couldn't find any problems. However, it does everything I told them it does, still. The trigger doesn't work like they say it should out of the gun.

I guess the next step is to install it in the gun and see what happens? Really having buyers remorse at this point,,,

Well, I got mine back today. Franklin people claim they couldn't find any problems. However, it does everything I told them it does, still. The trigger doesn't work like they say it should out of the gun.

I guess the next step is to install it in the gun and see what happens? Really having buyers remorse at this point,,,
Good Luck! I find Franklin Armory has horrible customer service. The AR triggers are close to $500, and Ruger 10-22 triggers are $300.
Can you believe that they didn't send you a new (operating) trigger? Most businesses would have given Coyote223 a new working trigger, and said sorry for the hassle.
Instead FA sends his old non-working trigger back to him! A sketchy trigger is such a liability issue. WAKE UP FRANKLIN ARMORY.

Good Luck! I find Franklin Armory has horrible customer service. The AR triggers are close to $500, and Ruger 10-22 triggers are $300.
Can you believe that they didn't send you a new (operating) trigger? Most businesses would have given Coyote223 a new working trigger, and said sorry for the hassle.
Instead FA sends his old non-working trigger back to him! A sketchy trigger is such a liability issue. WAKE UP FRANKLIN ARMORY.

Yeah, their letter basically told me to go buy a plastic trigger housing and see if it works. Definitely won't spend another dime on their garbage.

I put the trigger in the gun and it does the same malfunctions as it does in hand. Just as I suspected a mechanical object would do.

I bought two, one for my newer take down 10/22 in a magpul back packer stock. The other, I had it installed it in a metal housing 1980s 10/22 and it did not work. The only fix was to install it on a BX trigger housing and install that in the older 10/22.

There appears to be some differences between the metal and plastic trigger housings.

Both rifles are functioning as expected now. I'm not a purest, and don't care that the old rifle doesn't have the metal trigger housing.

I ordered one on October 18th at Optic's Planet. Haven't got it yet. The order is "Processing", expected to ship February 4th.?.?.?
Shoulda bought one through Highline directly.
Possibly FA are reworking the bugs out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads