JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been watching thus trigger on another forums thread since November last year. The thing is finicky as hell due to the weight of bolt carriers and speed of gas systems varying in all the ARs there are in the market. Many have good luck with lighter carriers and overgassed systems. Most of the problems are associated with releasing the trigger before the bolt is all the way home. Which releases the second sear and let's the hammer ride the carrier home. Making the actions speed faster seems to help.

As far as safety goes I don't see the issue. If you have ever shot full auto, you know once you out the switch in the third position things change. You have to be more aware of it. That and with practice you get used to it. It still has a semi auto mode too, so its not like it is a permanent modification to binary only.

My main concern is the same concern I had with the other trigger like this that came out a while back. The price. 400 is steep. That's my opinion though. I guess this could be like the lightning links back in the day, buy at any price due to the fact it will likely be banned soon.

WA RCW 9.41.010 (15)
"Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

While this device meets the definition for "not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot" but does it also have a rate of fire of five or more shots per second? I didn't see the video, but I'm assuming that it does.

it does exist. The GatCrank
http://twozprecision.com/

bolts to the trigger guard. pulls the trigger 3 times per turn.
Layout-600x600.jpg

Layout-600x600.jpg

Has anyone else contacted Franklin Armory? This is the first time I've seen Oregon on a prohibited list. I'm fighting this, I don't want to see Oregon added to the black lists with states like California, New York, New Jersey, etc...:mad:

First off, I apologize for necroposting, but this is a topic with which I am rather interested.

I emailed FA back in Dec, and spoke with them at SHOT, and received this reply from Jay Jacobson, President of FA:

Franklin Armory said:
Yes, that was the section that concerned us. It is possible to interpret it differently, but we haven't had the time to draft your AG a letter to get their interpretation. If they were to give us a green light, we would certainly be happy to ship them to Oregon as well. The interpretation would be that you truly only get one round per "press." However, the law does not address what happens when the trigger is released. To prove the point, a demonstration could show that one could pull the trigger, and then negate a release shot by simply modulating the selector back to traditional semiautomatic mode.

Basically, it's not that the State of Oregon has specifically banned the binary triggers, or made any comment on the them whatsoever. No one has yet spoken with the State of Oregon regarding this, but FA is erring on the side of caution.

First off, I apologize for necroposting, but this is a topic with which I am rather interested.

I emailed FA back in Dec, and spoke with them at SHOT, and received this reply from Jay Jacobson, President of FA:

Basically, it's not that the State of Oregon has specifically banned the binary triggers, or made any comment on the them whatsoever. No one has yet spoken with the State of Oregon regarding this, but FA is erring on the side of caution.

from my personal experience, our attorney general, Ellen Rosenblum, does not respond to questions about firearms. As far as I know, she still has not responded to the ATF to clarify senate bill 941 for the ATF about C&R licenses (I gave up asking her to respond after close to a year of asking). if she wont respond to the ATF, she wont respond to something like this.

Not legal in Oregon or Washington. Oregon and Washington have different wording for machine gun definition. One shot per "press" vs fed definition of one shot per "actuation" of trigger. Go to Franklin's website, they will not ship to Oregon or Washington.

I did call them a few months ago. I asked about the Washington definition as to one round per one squeeze. There so called legal department had not yet made a determination as to how there trigger works VS. Wa state law. When the trigger goes forward to release a round, is that considered a squeeze of the trigger? I think not. On a side note, if Washington allows the "bumpfire stock" than why not this trigger system? Oh, I forgot we are talking about politicians.

I assume it would be illegal to make a device that pulled the trigger for you. Like a small reciprocating motor. What if the motor was attached to a glove and it pulled on your finger so it could help you pull a trigger faster?

Bolus was it you that started the whole "Auto Glove" thing in motion?

(looks like all the "official" auto glove stuff has been taken down.. Here is all I could find with actual pics of the device )

Bolus was it you that started the whole "Auto Glove" thing in motion?

(looks like all the "official" auto glove stuff has been taken down.. Here is all I could find with actual pics of the device )

If anyone wants to take my hair brained ideas and make them into silly crap go ahead.

Remember Dance Dance revolution? where you jump on the game pads in timing to the music?

Someone should make that for a target system. Pumping techno music and targets that light up to the beat and if you shoot them on the beat you score higher. Mix it up with pistol and rifle targets with appropriate pauses for mag changes. Hardest level is "Through the Fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce and you get a belt fed full auto for that one.

Bonus points if it makes Kimmel cry

I don't get why people keep coming up with this crap? Keep wanting this crap? Yeah, I know, "Because I Can!" "Because the 2nd Amendment Say "Shall Not Be Infringed!"" Seems to me folks just keep poking the dragon. And we'll all end up getting burned!

I think the Franklin Armory Binary trigger is actually a well thought out product. My philosophy has always been, if the politicians are adamant that I should not be able to own or use a specific item, I probably should have one. (As long as legal). I never wanted an AR-15, green tip ammo or shockwave shotgun. Now I do and encourage as many as I can to do the same.

I think the Franklin Armory Binary trigger is actually a well thought out product. My philosophy has always been, if the politicians are adamant that I should not be able to own or use a specific item, I probably should have one. (As long as legal). I never wanted an AR-15, green tip ammo or shockwave shotgun. Now I do and encourage as many as I can to do the same.

I agree, I think bump stocks, binary triggers and "shockwave" shotguns are all ridiculous... and I own all three.

$32 grand for twenty five cents worth of metal because it has some words printed on a paper that comes with it.

We live in a strange world

Well $32k was apparently the pain threshold for the other bidders. SOLD!

No host firearm, not even a trigger pack. :eek:

Speaking of pain........my wife was only slightly annoyed with me for having ordered the trigger from Franklin ("That doesn't include the whole gun?") so I showed her the Gunbroker auction for the Fleming sear. She wisely noted that her 2014 Jeep Rubicon was only $31k.

E

Last Edited:
$32 Grand?!!!!
While its not a Franklin Armory Binary Trigger....
I do have a rifle with a fancy set trigger that lightens the trigger pull , that Ben Franklin might be familiar with ...:D
Also note that this rifle comes with the infamous "Speed Fire" percussion cap system...:eek::D
For $32 Grand it could be yours as well....:D
Andy
DSC06026.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews