JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I mentioned, I have actually tried a homegrown version of this trigger, and if properly implemented, IMO this would be superior to bump-fire type shooting, although I have not tried the latter.

The thing about bump-fire type shooting is that it usually involves either loosely holding the rifle, or the stock moving around, either way, I would think the accuracy of delivered shots would suffer.

Also, with the way that FA has implemented the trigger, it appears that it can be simply switched off with the safety lever.

As for the ORS - I am not sure that is the correct cite.

I tried to find the history on that particular section and I could not find where the law was amended to included that definition or where it was changed.

IIRC, when these mods first came out, the modification was legal in all states, then Calif. made it illegal, and then OR and WA did too.

It was quite a while ago - I think it was about 20 years ago IIRC. I remember vaguely that I was living in Bellevue, so that would have put it somewhere between about 1988 and 2000.

Then there is the Arsenal double barreled 1911 that fires two projectiles with one pull of the trigger.

A lot of arguments exist regarding that firearm, but the one that made the most sense to me is the assertion that even though it shoots two projectiles, one from each barrel, it is not two "shots", it is one shot - i.e., although there are two projectiles, the firearm is "fired" once per pull of the trigger.

If the law said that multiple projectiles shot per pull (or actuation) of the trigger makes a firearm a "machine gun", then a shotgun would be a "machine gun" - or anything that fired shotshells, or anything that fired a cartridge that had more than one projectile (there are a number of military experimental cartridges that had one projectile loaded on top of another).

Also, the particular cite (ORS 166.210 paragraph 6) states "single pressure on the trigger device". It could be argued that the way the BFS works, would be legal if a person made a "ring" trigger as mentioned above - especially when demonstrating the trigger would show that if a person held the trigger back, then you get one shot.

There are "release triggers" that shoot only after pulling the trigger (no shot) and then releasing it (it shoots). My understanding is that these are sometimes found on competition shotguns?

cool idea but there is no way i'd trust my life with it. in a self defense situation i cannot see anyone being able to control that trigger the way the guy has to in the vid.

I assume it would be illegal to make a device that pulled the trigger for you. Like a small reciprocating motor. What if the motor was attached to a glove and it pulled on your finger so it could help you pull a trigger faster?

I assume it would be illegal to make a device that pulled the trigger for you. Like a small reciprocating motor. What if the motor was attached to a glove and it pulled on your finger so it could help you pull a trigger faster?

There was crank gizmos in the 80's that did just that. I think as long as the trigger was pulled once and you got one bang most any way you did it would be legal.

Y'all can say it's under this law or that,but get your moneys in order if you want to try
Legal or not is it worth 10's of thousands of dollars to have one?
Isn't the bumpfire stock cheaper anyway?
Ever heard of hooking your thumb in your pants loop? I've seen that and it works great for free
But if I hook my thumb in my pants loop, I have illegally remanufactured a pair of jeans into an unlicensed machinegun.

I never heard anyone caring much about "accuracy" when talking about these or full auto.
The hit in accuracy is a trade off for spray and pray
The military cares a lot about accuracy in full auto, believe it or not. They have done a lot of tests comparing various modes and various calibers and firearms. They also did experiments with multiple projectiles in one cartridge, and burst modes, including two and three shot modes.

Two or three shots in a burst mode are actually fairly "accurate" compared to sustained fire.

OTOH - yes, most people would want this just for the fun of rapid fire approaching that of full auto, and yes, most won't care too much about the accuracy of the firearm in this mode.

This is a fine line. I remember someone getting busted for making a slide fire stock that had a return spring in it.

Bottom line, I wouldn't touch any of it without a ATF letter. Which the binary has, but is banned by the state. If it is doubletaps you are after, Geissle makes a trigger with a reset so short that doubletaps look effortless.

It has been the experience of my good friend that the bump stocks can be as accurate as regular selective fire-arms, it's all motor muscle skills and training ammo bills;)

While I am sure you could become proficient with it I have no interest in it. I cant think of any practical reason why simulated full auto fire would be advantages even in a survival situation. A series of quick two round bursts however seems appealing

All in all,my cousin's ex husband was a sniper in Viet Nam. Long time ago,I asked him about a H&K 91 that was $2500
His response was that he had recorded more kills with a bolt gun than anyone had with a semi auto rifle
Just depends on your plan. Mine is my semi auto without any tricks is fast enough that I can still put shots on target. If not the bolt guns come out

I have a slide fire, have used it only on a S&W 15/22 and it's very easy to hold a paper plate at 50 yds once it's under way. Totally useless for anything else but a bullet hose, but very fun, I got it pretty much free with the trigger I bought. I plan on trying it on my AR this summer for about $140.00 worth of fun that'll last about maybe a total of 5 mins if lucky. On the 15/22 it'll empty a 50rd drum in under 5 secs. Silly but woohoo !!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top