JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here you go.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.210

ORS 166.210 paragraph 6, which defines what constitutes a machine gun, states "......weapon........designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device"

I think the federal law replaces the word pressure with actuation, so releasing the trigger could be considered a second actuation.

That would explain why the binary trigger is federally allowed but banned in the state of Oregon.

Last Edited:
I think the federal law replaces the word pressure with actuation, so releasing the trigger could be considered a second actuation.
Yeah!
No. The Oregon PA would burn that down in a minute.Heck I can for them.
"pressure" is done while pulling the trigger,the second shot is caused by the "release" of the trigger
Guilty

IIRC WA state passed a specific law - I don't remember if Oregon did, but it is possible.

If someone who has better google fu than I do would post the cites for the actual laws, that would be nice, but I assume that since the manufacturer won't ship to Oregon that they know the law prohibits them.

Has anyone else contacted Franklin Armory? This is the first time I've seen Oregon on a prohibited list. I'm fighting this, I don't want to see Oregon added to the black lists with states like California, New York, New Jersey, etc...:mad:

Yeah!
No. The Oregon PA would burn that down in a minute.Heck I can for them.
"pressure" is done while pulling the trigger,the second shot is caused by the "release" of the trigger
Guilty

Even if Oregon thought this was a machine gun, machine guns are not prohibited in Oregon if they meet Federal regulations:

166.272 (4) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) of this section that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer was registered as required under federal law.

Has anyone else contacted Franklin Armory? This is the first time I've seen Oregon on a prohibited list. I'm fighting this, I don't want to see Oregon added to the black lists with states like California, New York, New Jersey, etc...:mad:
The law is pretty plain, there isn't much Franklin can do.

There are some sellers on gunbroker that I'm sure would ship here. The "buyer responsible to ensure item is legal in their state" sellers.

Good luck if you get caught with it here though. It also seems to jam a lot. I think a slidefire stock is a better bet for this kind of toy.

The law is pretty plain, there isn't much Franklin can do.

There are some sellers on gunbroker that I'm sure would ship here. The "buyer responsible to ensure item is legal in their state" sellers.

Good luck if you get caught with it here though. It also seems to jam a lot. I think a slidefire stock is a better bet for this kind of toy.

I know it is a junk toy, a waste of ammo, etc, but it is about keeping Oregon free(er).

when you acquire a Fed FA permit you sign away your right to constitutional protection against search and seizure and because your in possession of a FA firearm any search can be a full-on, no-knock SWAT raid which means your pets will be shot out of hand as will you, if you protest. The same may be true for silencers
All under the premise of crime control

Last Edited:
when you acquire a Fed FA permit you sign away your right to constitutional protection against search and seizure and because your in possession of a FA firearm any search can be a full-on, no-knock SWAT raid which means your pets will be shot out of hand as will you, if you protest. The same may be true for silencers
All under the premise of crime control

I don't want to rathole the conversation, but I was worried about that too when I was considering a sound suppressor to protect my already damaged hearing. There is an interesting article http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/04/jeremy-s/the-truth-about-nfa-inspection/

Anyway I know there are a lot of other battles to fight in the coming year and there are a lot of (legitimate) excuses to just let this issue go (e.g. fear of governmental aggression), and I would not criticize anyone for standing down on this.

Notice how this TTAG article starts out discussing NFA weapons but then sites FFL Dealer regulations as the basis of it's conclusions?
Explain how Business Hours apply, and the BOLD statements that the ATF will NEVER break their own regulations? Propaganda.
I've come to expect this tripe from TTAG. Anyway as of last Thursday's Obama Town Hall, all these regulations are no longer tied to Congressional approval but rather the Pen and Phone dictates of a messianic, narcissistic, sociopath.

"This is completely false! These are unfounded rumors. The BATFE cannot and will not show up at your home to inspect your NFA items. Ever. At least not without a warrant, and they damn sure cannot enter your property without a warrant. No, owning NFA-regulated firearms is not any sort of reason for any sort of judge to issue a warrant, either. End of story. You absolutely do not waive your 4th Amendment rights in whole or in part by owning NFA items.

Now, these rumors and fears probably do have some root in fact, though. The ATF can randomly inspect FFLs. ATF's <broken link removed> states that the Gun Control Act allows them to conduct as many as one warrantless, annual compliance inspection (full text of the law is here). It can be random, but it must be during stated business hours at the FFL's premises. This has nothing to do with NFA firearms in particular, though, as it's part of the GCA and applies to any FFL regardless of whether or not they deal in NFA items. Again, it only applies to FFLs, not to private parties, gun trusts, etc."

Here you go.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.210

ORS 166.210 paragraph 6, which defines what constitutes a machine gun, states "......weapon........designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device"

That would explain why the binary trigger is federally allowed but banned in the state of Oregon.

You could make the trigger a ring so the trigger is also pushed forward by the front of the finger.

overall I think this trigger would be interesting just for the double tap. Rather than increased firing rate for the whole magazine.

You could make the trigger a ring so the trigger is also pushed forward by the front of the finger.

overall I think this trigger would be interesting just for the double tap. Rather than increased firing rate for the whole magazine.
That would certainly satisfy the letter of the law. I wouldnt want to be the guinea pig in court though.

Think Franklin would build us a ring trigger?

Y'all can say it's under this law or that,but get your moneys in order if you want to try
Legal or not is it worth 10's of thousands of dollars to have one?
Isn't the bumpfire stock cheaper anyway?
Ever heard of hooking your thumb in your pants loop? I've seen that and it works great for free

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top