JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two blued pistols that seem to keep me up at night a little bit...just a little....

The first is a Browning Hi Power capitan model (complete with tangent sights for the very optimistic of individuals..) and the second is a Les Baer Ultimate Carry. Both have nice blued finish but on both models the blueing doesn't match the frame.

With both pistols, the blueing of the slide is a purplish black and the frame is straight black. Why is this? Did it react to one of my cleaning/lubing products? I use Eezox almost exclusively as it is the "bees knees" but I sincerely doubt that's it.

Any ideas? Is this normal? None of my Colt's have this issue.

Its more likely the slides and frames are not the same alloy of steel. Its also possible the frames are not steel at all but an Aluminum alloy (don't know the pistols mentioned so I'm just guessing)

if you look at pre war Winchesters with the Nickel Steel Barrels they will now have a Plum color while the receivers will be a much truer Dk. Blue. all due to the different alloy of Steel used in the two different parts.

Hrmm, interesting. I suspected it was something like that. I wonder why Colt has managed to never have these issues. I would think Browning or Les Baer would have gotten that down due to how much they charge. Interesting to say the least. The Les Baer isn't as noticeable unless your under the right light but the Browning is a bit more noticeable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top