JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the "Well, DUH!" file:

Fox poll: People want guns, NRA beats politicians

A new Fox News Poll has revealed that 61 percent of the nation’s registered voters would want a gun in the home if they were faced with a lockdown as happened in Boston during last week’s manhunt for the Marathon bombers.

<broken link removed>

I recently had my wifes best friend from college come and live with us during her and her husbands move to Oregon from DC. She is extremely scared of guns and would not even fathom the idea of touching or seeing a gun. So I sat and talked to her about the issues she had with guns and its very culture related. She grew up in CT and she was taught that guns are bad and guns are the object that does the damage. Its amazing that people don't teach responsiblity of the people, not the object. All her concerns I was able to debunk easily because I showed her it was a human reaction it took to make the gun fire. A lot of these people honestly thinks the gun has a brain and takes over the person.

I recently had my wifes best friend from college come and live with us during her and her husbands move to Oregon from DC. She is extremely scared of guns and would not even fathom the idea of touching or seeing a gun. So I sat and talked to her about the issues she had with guns and its very culture related. She grew up in CT and she was taught that guns are bad and guns are the object that does the damage. Its amazing that people don't teach responsiblity of the people, not the object. All her concerns I was able to debunk easily because I showed her it was a human reaction it took to make the gun fire. A lot of these people honestly thinks the gun has a brain and takes over the person.

my girlfriend grew up in cambodia and tells me that the culture is just as separated on guns there. one side believes that the people should be allowed to own guns and the other side is so afraid of guns, they think their police should be the only ones allowed to even touch them. was talking to a former coworker and offered a trip to the range for her and her family and it absolutely offended her that i would even think of owning a gun much more, actually own one because they are the root of all evil since their invention. she seemed stunned when i countered by saying that if we didnt have bad guys we wouldnt have ever needed weapons to begin with and now that i look back on it i dont think we would even have a word for it.

and no she isnt a former coworker because that caused either of us to loose our jobs.

This 39% is not a new phenomenon its the same people who see government as a panacea for all that ails them. They are effectively nuetered and wont be happy until you are as well. The very idea that you have and would use a gun to defend your life or family only serves to remind them how useless and impotent they are.

Unfortunately, Some people truly don't mind being victims...

I think they do mind being a victim. They are scared to death of it. That's why they don't want anybody to have a gun, good or bad guys. Yet they are complacent and content at doing nothing, even during the times of crisis. If I stick my head in the sand, I don't see nothing and hopefully nothing will happen to me.

They dont' want to be a victim but eveything they believe and do would turn them into a victim. That's irony.

to be fair some of them are simply trying to spread pacifism and thats not such a terrible thing. unfortunately thats only a very small part of the anti-gun crowd and if it were the majority of their arguments i wouldnt be so annoyed by their views. all the same its still no different than putting your head in the sand and will still only make the problem worse in the end, at least at this time anyway. i would like to think that one day no one will have a need for self defense but as it stands its just unfathomable.

I agree Goat. People don't want to become victims, however they are not informed enought to realize that owning a firearm is a way to avoid becoming a victim. They take what is spewed by the media as gospel and truly believe that guns are the problem, not the people behind the gun.

I live in a small town in Oregon where I always feel safe, however I have started packing mine more and more lately for that one time I do need it.

my wife's cousin is a huge pseudo-hippie. when she was more hardcore, she once went running out of our bedroom when my wife went to show her something in the closet, and she saw an SKS. she refused to be in the house until I locked it up. she didn't even care that it wasn't loaded. she was deathly afraid of guns.

environment? well, her brother went into the marines and is now a SWAT officer in southern cal. there wasn't anything odd, bizarre, or anti-gun in their home.

what solved the problem for her? she moved to alaska for several years, where pretty much every other person had a gun. a lot of her hippie friends had guns. by the time she came back to visit us again, she was routinely carrying a .38 special when out in the woods.

A female friend of mine took a cab ride yesterday and the driver kept telling her how pretty she was and that she must have money, etc. Then he even tried to drive the opposite direction to her house. She is a tough little thing, but she was really scared.

I asked her if she was finally ready to get a CHL and learn how to handle a gun. The answer was hell yes.

More and more people are waking up to the fact that the only person that is ever going to save you is .... you.

I recently had my wifes best friend from college come and live with us during her and her husbands move to Oregon from DC. She is extremely scared of guns and would not even fathom the idea of touching or seeing a gun. So I sat and talked to her about the issues she had with guns and its very culture related. She grew up in CT and she was taught that guns are bad and guns are the object that does the damage. Its amazing that people don't teach responsibility of the people, not the object. All her concerns I was able to debunk easily because I showed her it was a human reaction it took to make the gun fire. A lot of these people honestly thinks the gun has a brain and takes over the person.

I do hope you offered to take her shooting (a nice .22). After the calm introduction, you can move on to the .223 AR.

my girlfriend grew up in cambodia and tells me that the culture is just as separated on guns there. one side believes that the people should be allowed to own guns and the other side is so afraid of guns, they think their police should be the only ones allowed to even touch them. was talking to a former coworker and offered a trip to the range for her and her family and it absolutely offended her that i would even think of owning a gun much more, actually own one because they are the root of all evil since their invention. she seemed stunned when i countered by saying that if we didnt have bad guys we wouldnt have ever needed weapons to begin with and now that i look back on it i dont think we would even have a word for it.

and no she isnt a former coworker because that caused either of us to loose our jobs.

I'd be looking for a NEW GF!!!

was the coworker that was offended and there was no attraction there to begin with. my girlfriend actually enjoys shooting and did pretty well on her first time ever using a gun, made me proud:s0155:

nice to know thought, when we take a trip to cambodia her brother knows people who can get us into a military firing range where ill be able to fire any kind of weapon i can afford ammo for. havnt gone yet but my first trip is on the to do list for next year, its ganna be a blast both proverbial and literally.

was the coworker that was offended and there was no attraction there to begin with. my girlfriend actually enjoys shooting and did pretty well on her first time ever using a gun, made me proud:s0155:

nice to know thought, when we take a trip to cambodia her brother knows people who can get us into a military firing range where ill be able to fire any kind of weapon i can afford ammo for. havnt gone yet but my first trip is on the to do list for next year, its ganna be a blast both proverbial and literally.

OOpppsssss. My bad

Fear is the greatest motivator.

It is unfortunate that TPTB are so adept at it via their lamestream media. They have the sheep in constant fear of BS and nonsense. Most of that is now the irrational fear of guns themselves.

The whole "pop tart shaped like a gun" scenario might seem laughable, but it is not. That is our owners doing their thing.

Attacking the minds of the youth because all you need to do is change one generation's perception coming up to get the agenda you want in place. The whole political correct BS was all their doing. Build little robots that think and act alike and don't ask questions, ever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top