JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, Californians and those rogue Texans (e.g. Beto O'Rourke) have a great inspiration to their dreams of gun confiscation and total dissolution of the 2nd Amendment in their neighbor to the South, Mexico. Despite Mexico having some of the strictest gun control in the world, mass shootings and even killings of police, government officials, tourists, women, children are a common occurrence and even worse than USA. However, since it is happening down there and not here it doesn't seem to make much news.

This is the America that most Democrats and RINOs gun-grabbers want for us.. This is what happens in a country where only the police and military are armed. Somehow, the criminals have access to guns and lots of them. In fact, a lot of the gangs in Mexico have artillery and weapons that your average Joe American citizen could only dream of. To be honest, the Mexican cartels have even quite a bit of influence and power even over the border into the USA.

I dunno...but, according to the headline, all those Mexican cops were killed in a "gun ambush".
Seems that they're reporting that a bunch of criminal guns escaped confiscation, and started a gang of their own!

:rolleyes: Gotta love the BBC :rolleyes:

Somehow, the criminals have access to guns and lots of them.

We armed a bunch of them.

The origins of Los Zetas date back to the late 1990s, when commandos of the Mexican Army deserted their ranks and began working as the enforcement arm of the Gulf Cartel.

Long before "Fast and Furious" ran guns into Mexico, we were helping to train Mexican troops. As part of that program we armed them with M16s. These troops later formed Los Zetas and have been one of the most violent cartels.

The origins of Los Zetas date back to the late 1990s, when commandos of the Mexican Army deserted their ranks and began working as the enforcement arm of the Gulf Cartel.

Long before "Fast and Furious" ran guns into Mexico, we were helping to train Mexican troops. As part of that program we armed them with M16s. These troops later formed Los Zetas and have been one of the most violent cartels.

Via, Escuela de los Americas... School of the Americas.

It's a real thing. o_O

Well with the fluid southern border the cartels get the best of both worlds. Most people see it as a failed plan. I see it as The plan.

As far as governments are concerned just another boogeyman to keep tax & campaign money flowing since the abortion and gay "vote for me" money died up.

Yes I was going to mention Obozo and the "Fast and Furious" gun running that he pushed. "Come to US, buy all the guns you want, and take them back to Mexico!" Check how many gun dealers refused to sell, were told by the FBI/BATFE they HAD to sell and then when it blew up in Obozo's face, got arrested and charged!

Why doesn't the Mexican Government just call it a war and wipe out the cartels,
or are they just too profitable?
Back in 1982, I remember reading that the trade imbalance due to Cocaine was on the order of $4 Billion per year. That's Cash.
Imagine what it is now.
With an infusion of cash like that, what could motivate the Mexican government to even want to try to stem the flow?

What's the difference between the Mexican government and the Cartels?
They who have the most, RULE ALL.
IF
our country seriously "wanted to" alleviate the problems, they would have been dealt with, HEAD ON (Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi (to name a few)---->> PERIOD.
It boils down to WHO benefits in the gain/loss the most.
I am of the belief that, it can not be STOPPED in the entirety. BUT, I am also of the belief, that the vermin they are, can be neutralized to become extinct.

The Poker Game never stops, based on what they lead us to believe. I call BS.
But I'm a nobody

And open borders + disarming US Citizens is supposed to not being inviting to foreign criminal elements?

The dead-horse-beating of 'criminals, by definition, don't follow laws' is just tuned out by people who have other agendas.

Boss

Maybe they should ask the trio of survivors what to do....they could ask el hefe'.
THATS GARBAGE TALK... NO JUDGEMENT HERE..LOTS OF HONEST AND BRAVE FOLKS IN THE FIGHT..BLUE ON BLUE OR GREEN ON BLUE...LET ALONE NATIONALS..
NOT ENOUGH BREAD IN THE WORLD TO WASH THAT TASTE OF %$@& OUT. AMERICA SHOULD HAVE LONG AAGO
HELPED MEXICAN NATIONALS GET BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS.
UGLY

Well, Californians and those rogue Texans (e.g. Beto O'Rourke) have a great inspiration to their dreams of gun confiscation and total dissolution of the 2nd Amendment in their neighbor to the South, Mexico. Despite Mexico having some of the strictest gun control in the world, mass shootings and even killings of police, government officials, tourists, women, children are a common occurrence and even worse than USA. However, since it is happening down there and not here it doesn't seem to make much news.

This is the America that most Democrats and RINOs gun-grabbers want for us.. This is what happens in a country where only the police and military are armed. Somehow, the criminals have access to guns and lots of them. In fact, a lot of the gangs in Mexico have artillery and weapons that your average Joe American citizen could only dream of. To be honest, the Mexican cartels have even quite a bit of influence and power even over the border into the USA.

The msm does report it, but only in the progressive liberal fashion of pushing their anti-gun agenda: blaming America's "weak gun laws", internet gun sales, "the gun show loophole", those evil/greedy gun manufacturers, American gun owners and of course Trump.

KPBS said:
As President Trump fights drugs and migrants pouring into the U.S., Mexico is reeling from bloodshed fueled by American guns, bullets and grenades flowing into Mexico.

-snip-

"We know those weapons come from the U.S. because in Mexico there's no way for people to buy them," Marco Antonio Sotomayor said in Spanish. "They buy them in places like Arizona, Nevada, because of the weak gun laws, and at gun shows. And they come through California and cross the border into Tijuana."

-snip-

"It's very hard to buy a gun in Mexico," Sotomayor said. "We have a very intense process before you can buy one. If you guys had that, it would be really helpful."
Mexico's American Gun Problem
Nearly all of Mexico's gun violence is committed by illegal firearms coming from the U.S, officials say

That reminds me, I need to stock up on grenades, as I'm down to my last 100.................

PBS said:
So-called "straw purchasers" play a key role in firearms trafficking from the U.S. to Mexico and other points south. Typically "straw purchasers" are intermediary or middleman buyers who purchase and execute all the paperwork required for a legal firearm transaction on behalf of someone else. These purchasers are usually American citizens who adhere to U.S. gun laws, including passing a background check or meeting other applicable federal and state gun laws.

-snip-

What's more, informal firearm transactions on the so-called "gray market" — sales that occur on the margins of the legal, regulated gun market — are exceedingly difficult to monitor. That's because straw buyers often resell the guns they buy online, where it is sometimes possible to purchase guns without a background check. And while some states require a licensed intermediary for private gun sales, others have no regulations on private sales.

The issue could be tackled by eliminating the gray market and requiring all sellers and purchasers to complete their transactions, including online sales, through a licensed dealer, Zapor said.

"The [gun] manufacturers don't want this because the gray market accounts for millions, multiple millions of dollars in revenue from firearm sales," Zapor said.

-snip-

The Trump administration talks tough, but they have turned a blind eye to this 'iron river' of guns flowing south.
The flow of guns from the U.S. to Mexico is getting lost in the border debate
Guns from the United States are flooding Latin America
Mexicans are killing each other at record rates. The U.S. provides the guns

SDT said:
Each year, tens of thousands of powerful assault rifles are illegally trafficked from the United States into Mexico, mostly by U.S. citizens, where they are used to support cartel-related violence and drug trafficking.

-snip-

Riley said U.S. citizens trafficking American-made guns through Mexican ports of entry along the U.S.-Mexico border, including through San Ysidro-Tijuana, is big business.

"There is a tremendous market for them and unfortunately there's a ton of people in the United States willing to do business with some of the cartels," said Riley.

-snip-

Last month, Mexican soldiers stopped a California SUV carrying an arsenal of large caliber machine guns and rifles in Ensenada. The truck, heading south from California, was carrying six heavy-gauge machine guns inside, along with skilled cartridges, six tactical bibs, six AR-15-style rifles, 43 AR-15 loaders and 1,290 cartridges.
Guns from the United States kill tens of thousands of Mexicans a year

As you can see, it's out there, you just need to know where to find and translate it.
Now you can see why the dems and enlightened RINO's want the US to have the same gun laws as Mexico: nobody in either country would ever die of "gun violence" if we did......................

Ray

Good memory! Thank you.

I wrote about this, LZ, years ago on a long gone forum.

So many of those 'good guys' turned into the BAD guys! We trained them!

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top