JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd strongly urge anyone who works a day job and who's thinking about joining to avoid this place.

They don't bother to tell you that they close entire ranges simultaneously at peak times for a small group's use, or that for an entire month, the place is practically unusable for people who work.

A club that closes every range, every weekend, for more than a month to members is ridiculous. Let's look at September's calendar from the working person's perspective.

Want to shoot your .45 after work with a guest? Whoops, no guests allowed.
Monday? If it's not a holiday.
Tuesday? Nope, hunter ed.
Wednesday? Wow, you're in luck!
Thursday? Nope, hunter ed.
Friday? Nope, need to prep for the complete weekend closure.
Saturday, anytime? Closed all day. Members aren't important enough to keep a few spots open.
Sunday, anytime? Closed all day. Again, members aren't important enough.

What happens if you request a refund based on the club's failure to disclose these material facts until after you've paid (and waited weeks for orientation)? You're denied.

Earlier posts are largely accurate. I'm not going to dive into anyone's personality, or the inanity of missing the opportunity to expand the community of people who appreciate 2nd Amendment rights. The rules don't seem onerous to me, and the members I've met are exceptionally gracious, nice people. The club is just being run by people who clearly don't place any value on access for members who work.

The worst part is that there is plenty of room to accommodate everyone. They don't seem to care - which is why you should not join.

The total closures are totally unnecessary and totally frustrating. It's not worth it.

BILL B I take issue with your post. I have been a member of Four Corners Rod and Gun club for 2 years now and My experiances are very different then yours. As an example

September is reserved for sight in service one of the clubs biggest money making events. If you want to sight in your rifle come out after work during the week. OR come out sign up to work a bench on the weekends and do your sighting in between helping the public. ITS A CLUB NOT A BUSINESS. Not to mention for every hour you work a bench you get a buck off your dues.

As to the rest of the week

here is the Sept Calender

<broken link removed>

I work a day job in fact last week I worked 68 hours and I could have still found time to run out to the range and get in some shooting.

Did you join the club to only shoot in Sept?

here is the Oct calender

<broken link removed>

BILL B I take issue with your post. I have been a member of Four Corners Rod and Gun club for 2 years now and My experiances are very different then yours. As an example

September is reserved for sight in service one of the clubs biggest money making events. If you want to sight in your rifle come out after work during the week. OR come out sign up to work a bench on the weekends and do your sighting in between helping the public. ITS A CLUB NOT A BUSINESS. Not to mention for every hour you work a bench you get a buck off your dues.

Did you join the club to only shoot in Sept?
Here's the thing. You can't wait until after people pay $300 (presumably who actually want to shoot during one of the nicest months of the year, on a beautiful 72 degree day like today) to add further stipulations and conditions.

I'll note that my description is completely accurate. Having just purchased a pistol I'd like badly to shoot, the complete inability to do so - despite joining a gun club - is incredibly frustrating.

You (in the general sense) need to provide material facts. If you don't, then tell someone who's surprised that every range is completely closed to members every weekend and many on week nights for more than a month (see above), you should give them a refund when requested.

You certainly can't omit this, wait (weeks) until after someone pays, then demand afterward that someone also volunteers to actually use the membership they've paid for. That's like buying a car, then trying to drive away only to learn that the engine is extra.

And - shouldn't there be some availability for members? It's a big place, with many ranges. How about keeping a couple of the spaces open? Or, even better, some time? Or, a range? Or, tell people upfront. Or recognize the material omission and give a refund when requested.

Maybe your job is better than mine. I can't leave in middle of the day to shoot my pistol. People who work should know where they'll rate, and prospective members need to know that they can expect constant - unnecessary - closures of every range.

Since becoming a member the membership has cost me money. Ya I shoot all the time and have to work all day just to pay for all the ammo I am shooting.
Anyone questioning what 4 corners is all about
Come out today we are open to the public shoot your rifle most any flavor
After sight in shoot at the running deer or try the gong 200 yards
All this for 6 bucks per rifle we are open until 4:30 today

Since becoming a member the membership has cost me money. Ya I shoot all the time and have to work all day just to pay for all the ammo I am shooting.
Anyone questioning what 4 corners is all about
Come out today we are open to the public shoot your rifle most any flavor
After sight in shoot at the running deer or try the gong 200 yards
All this for 6 bucks per rifle we are open until 4:30 today

I found this gun club to be extremely restrictive. My father had a membership which he allowed to expire. If I were to imagine what a government run gun range would be like (in a shooter hostile environment) it would be something like this place. I've been to many gun ranges in different regions of the country, this is my least favorite. Especially considering the beautiful Oregon wilderness just down the road, a shooter's paradise!

Don't forget they close the rifle range all morning on Friday during the warmer months to cut the grass. They can't do it on a Tues, Wed or Thurs, or in the afternoon when the wind is blowing and no one is shooting. It has to be Friday morning, when some of us working stiffs have an extra day off or a 4/10 day off. I've been an ex-member of 4 Corners for over a year and have enjoyed my new membership at Tri-County so much more. Never once have I shown up that I couldn't shoot where I intended. I'm sure the day is coming, but I know based on the calendar I will always be able to find an open range at Tri-County to enjoy.

The person described earlier in reviews as a "goose-stepping a-hole" truly poisons the atmosphere. After all ranges were closed most of the day today (again on the weekend, when most want to use it), he was snarky to a member that didn't participate in the "work party," as if his oft-mentioned charm would lure more people to do so.

The poor reviews here are spot on. It's too bad the leadership has selected such a charismatic representative (yes, sarcasm). The club will continue to rate poorly as long as they place members so low on the list of priorities. Ask around - you'll find lots of ex-members with the same story.

Hey guys, is anybody a member at four corners rod and gun club in Salem that would be willing to take someone there to check it out and shoot?
I live in Newport but am in Salem 2 or 3 times a week and would like to check out four corners. I am a member of my local range on the coast (big timber rifle and pistol club), and want to join four corners but would like to try it out before dishing out 200$ for a membership.
I'm a long time shooter and reloader and have been trying to find a place to shoot around Salem for months.
Anybody got any tips on places to go or generous enough to accompany me to four corners? I do mostly rifle target shooting and some pistol shooting.
Thanks guys!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top