JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cut split n burning the same day ... cant beat that...
2012-03-24-144849.jpg

2012-03-24-150346.jpg

2012-03-24-144915.jpg

LOL nice find. Didn't want to pay winter prices for seasoned wood when the cold season is almost over huh?

I burn four cords a year and I like to stack a year in advance. Last spring I had a bit over two cords left over so I put up six more cords. Then in December I finally got a thermometer for the woodstove and kept it in it's efficiency zone, not only did I help the neighbors out with much less smoke but I've only burned a bit over a cord so far. I cut my firewood use by two thirds. :s0155:

I'm sure the six inches of insulation that I added when I reroofed helped. I expected to use less wood but not that much less. Looks like the chainsaw will get some rest.

Had to burn some tonight ... love the crackle old growth makes...
The rest goes in the wood shed n will get rotated in .. The fir n hemlock I have put up (around 4 cord) is smaller 2nd n 3rd growth ...
The rest is 5 or 6 cord of alder

You guys might like this idea...

A buddy at work showed me some iPhone footage of his vintage gunpowder log splitter in action. I'd never seen one before. Looks a bit like a pipe bomb with a chisel on one end, and splits even the big logs. Not something I can use in my neighborhood, but I WANT one!

I did have a greeny wander out of his house on the bay...
According to him I "shouldn't be doing that"
No reason why or what I would be harming.
Just that I "shouldn't" , ignored him after the first couple minutes.
Another guy walking by just stopped n watched for 20 minutes or so .. Never said a word .. Smiled n waved wnen I said hi. N waved by when he walked on. I think he had a woody for my firewood.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top