JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before Columbine, I was working patrol in 1994 in south-east Modesto Ca. I was dispatched to Johansen High school to a 911-caller reporting a student on campus with a gun. Then he hung up. While driving towards the school, the disaptcher advised the caller was back on the line and asking for us to "hurry-up" before "he" starts shooting. (the caller was the suspect) . This sent off some alarms in my head to I detoured and advised other officers to do the same. We approached the school from a small dirt road behind an orchard and came into the faculty parking lot. We approached and surprised the student/caller who was watching the front lot from the pay-phone area of the school. He was subdued and had a semi-auto pistol and 400 rounds of ammo on him. I interrogated him. He was a 14 yr old GATE student (honor role) and wore a t-shirt that read "if Clinton was the answer than the question was F*** up" He told me he was a "moderate conservative" and just wanted to send a message to democrats that he was fed-up. He was stunned to learn that cops are mostly conservatives and vote accordingly. He came from a average family, mom was a nurse and dad blue collar work. He wasn't really bullied or picked on, although it seemed there might be some of that. He didn't hate anyone in particular other than the aforementioned democrats currently in office.
So I agree with this article, it's not the attraction to weapons but a means to an end. We wanted to hurt and kill and the gun was handy and taken from his parents bedroom. Very intelligent and polite young man who was eventually sentenced until his 25th birthday in a mental detention facility. His name was Ethan Kinsler and I haven't heard of him since but expected to. He would be in his mid 30's now.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top