JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, I'm not. I rarely went that way from Republic, usually south or west. How long have they been there?
For a long time. They are custom gunsmiths and barrel makers. They specialize in restoring and repairing old rifles like rolling blocks and Sharps rifles. Jim Dubell is the owner and master gun maker. I think they are located on Bear Creek Road if memory serves. They did a rolling block rifle for me. Not cheap, but exquisite work.

For a long time. They are custom gunsmiths and barrel makers. They specialize in restoring and repairing old rifles like rolling blocks and Sharps rifles. Jim Dubell is the owner and master gun maker. I think they are located on Bear Creek Road if memory serves. They did a rolling block rifle for me. Not cheap, but exquisite work.

Those are some of my favorite type of rifles. Good to find people who do that quality of work. I knew a lot of folk who were talented and skilled in many arts and technologies around the Colville Rez, often for barter and trade. Incredible sense of community, despite the rough aspects of the history; a lot of independent strong folk I admire. I miss being there. My direct family is no longer there, and I don't make it back.

Last Edited:
Those are some of my favorite type of rifles. Good to find people who do that quality of work. I knew a lot of folk who were talented and skilled in many arts and technologies around the Colville Rez, often for barter and trade. Incredible sense of community, despite the rough aspects of the history; a lot of independent strong folk I admire. I miss being there. My direct family is no longer there, and I don't make it back.
Jim is definitely "good people". We had an ongoing conversation about the rifle for 18 months while he worked on it. When I delivered it to him for restoration I did so in person so I could meet him before he did surgery on my family heirloom. While trying to zero in on the shop's location we stopped to ask directions from a guy working on a fence repair by the side of the road. When I asked if he knew where the gun shop was he said he did, and asked if I was getting an old gun restored. Long story short, I brought out the gun and we had a 30 minute conversation there by the side of the road before I went on my way. That doesn't happen in Portland.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top