JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm Tomoko. I'm from Okinawa. But I have not been there since I was 15. I moved here to the US after I finished my foreign exchange program. Now, I help other Japanese come here to the NW and enjoy the freedoms we have here that otherwise are not available to the Japanese general public.

My wife is from Chiba. I've taken her to the range but she was doesn't really get the whole gun thing. She drew a line in the sand and said, "you're in charge of security and emergency stuff and I'm in charge of education". Lol, Oh well. Now the kids on the other hand....

My wife wasn't happy when she found my truck gun pistola in a duffle bag not IN the safe.

Brutus Out
I used to use a lot of Maxpedition (diaper bags) to carry the 45. I got tired of that scene, always hanging on to a bag of some kind and went Versacarry. I've been using that with my Kahr 45 for several years now and love the zero bulk.

My wife is from Chiba. I've taken her to the range but she was doesn't really get the whole gun thing. She drew a line in the sand and said, "you're in charge of security and emergency stuff and I'm in charge of education". Lol, Oh well. Now the kids on the other hand....
This isn't a country for cowards. You should show her what happens to people with her type of thinking. That kind of attitude is what those on the business end of stolen firearms thrive off of: Those who are unarmed and helpless. My fiance told me "Here, take this gun. Learn how to use it, or lose it." I been through two such scenarios twice. I come with my guns loaded, in every situation, physically and mentally. I'd rather be the one judged by twelve than carried by six.

My wife wasn't happy when she found my truck gun pistola in a duffle bag not IN the safe.

Brutus Out
hmmm, I find that strange. I was shooting deer. bear and elk before, during and after my marriage and carried weapons everywhere I went, trained all my children in their use and safety and armed them all before they left the house. My bed room has 7 weapons all loaded and with in easy access as I type this. Having a scared wife would be weird. You married her knowing this would happen? Like.. on purpose?
Edit: I am still married to the same ole gal going on 41 years come June.. So yes it works, Oh, and she has 3 weapons loaded in her bedroom.

hmmm, I find that strange. I was shooting deer. bear and elk before, during and after my marriage and carried weapons everywhere I went, trained all my children in their use and safety and armed them all before they left the house. My bed room has 7 weapons all loaded and with in easy access as I type this. Having a scared wife would be weird. You married her knowing this would happen? Like.. on purpose?
Edit: I am still married to the same ole gal going on 41 years come June.. So yes it works, Oh, and she has 3 weapons loaded in her bedroom.

No, I didn't know she had a strong fear of firearms as I didn't know she actually witnessed the suicide below. We have been married about 4.5 years (known her for 7) and happily, her other qualities far exceed me having to tread a little gently when it comes to guns. For prep and post SHTF farming/gardening she is likely without peer. She holds a Master Food Preserver's Certificate from WSU canning everything from the standards like corn, beets, to bacon, potatoes, smoke/jerk meat, etc. She is a hard worker, smart, excellent help mate, award winning cook/baker and combined on a diet where she does all the cooking combined we have lost 43 lbs since March 1st of 2016. And I don't feel like I am starving.

She was about fifteen years old when her and her best friend heard yelling and screaming from the neighbors garage across the street. They walked over to investigate and into the garage and a few seconds later despite their pleading witnessed the neighbor kid blow his brains out with a pistol. Obviously traumatizing long term to a young teenage girl.

So, it is a slow process getting her to be comfortable with firearms where she doesn't expect them. Rome wasn't built in a day.;)

Brutus Out

And cigars, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just a realest. When I came here ...and then reality hit came out literally in the form of cold black steel, under my chin a masked man about the same height as me, (5'10) put it under my chin. he cocked back the hammer. I pretended to "not" be scared. I was smiling and I think it scared him. He said "What're you smling and laughing for? you gotta gun under your chin. I said "that's not loaded." He ran and was caught. After that, I then went to my Sheriff's office since I live in the county, and said "Hey, how do I go about getting a gun. Some dude just tried to rob me yesterday. I don't want that to happen again." They said, once you settle into your "permanent" residence for 90 days you can be eligible, but we don't always enforce that. You can fill out your paperwork and pay us $52 dollars cash, and tomorrow we can have your permit ready. It was that simple. Next day I went to a range with the deputies that helped me do my paper work and even came with me to pick out my gun and I told them "I already know what I want!" and they laughed and he said "How do you already know?! You just came here!" And I said "I want that! The Walther PPQ right there, I read on several reviews and so that's what I want." The trigger is what had me sold on it. For what you get it's a heck of a gun. So much so, H&K began to take notice and they actually had some help from Walther as if you look at the VP series they're very similar in ergonomics. You get the HK quality at a Glock price on the Walther.

So, it is a slow process getting her to be comfortable with firearms where she doesn't expect them. Rome wasn't built in a day.;)

sounds like a keeper for sure.. I cant tell you I am totally successful with gunz and girlz in my life as my daughter also graduated from WSU in microbiology and is in California and let that stinking Nancy Pealousy (SP on Purpose) brain wash her to asking me why I "need" all these "assault weapons". ARGH! So now I am trying to bring her back to the real world where unicorns are not flying over rainbows sh!tting skittles, but lucky for her she married a decent man that at least has a pistol and a shotgun in Commiefornia.

Just read the new post above from Tomoko and wished my daughter would read this. She asked me onetime what kind of gun she should carry in Kali but then I think she realized it would be too much trouble to try to license and get a permit to carry.

Last Edited:
Tomoko, I welcome you here to this forum and country. The path to citizenship is pretty easy once you're here ( legally). I have helped a few people through it, including my wife. I am sorry to hear about your earliest experiences with a handgun, but am heartened to hear your reaction and resolve. Remember how close to tragedy Yobubblegumsune came when he dropped his bow, and keep a firm hold of yours. Long life and much happiness to you.

And cigars, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just a realest. When I came here ...and then reality hit came out literally in the form of cold black steel, under my chin a masked man about the same height as me, (5'10) put it under my chin. he cocked back the hammer. I pretended to "not" be scared. I was smiling and I think it scared him. He said "What're you smling and laughing for? you gotta gun under your chin. I said "that's not loaded." He ran and was caught. After that, I then went to my Sheriff's office since I live in the county, and said "Hey, how do I go about getting a gun. Some dude just tried to rob me yesterday. I don't want that to happen again." They said, once you settle into your "permanent" residence for 90 days you can be eligible, but we don't always enforce that. You can fill out your paperwork and pay us $52 dollars cash, and tomorrow we can have your permit ready. It was that simple. Next day I went to a range with the deputies that helped me do my paper work and even came with me to pick out my gun and I told them "I already know what I want!" and they laughed and he said "How do you already know?! You just came here!" And I said "I want that! The Walther PPQ right there, I read on several reviews and so that's what I want." The trigger is what had me sold on it. For what you get it's a heck of a gun. So much so, H&K began to take notice and they actually had some help from Walther as if you look at the VP series they're very similar in ergonomics. You get the HK quality at a Glock price on the Walther.
No rudeness taken. :) Unfortunately you had a horrible experience which gave you a unique set of filters to base your current perspectives. Where many would simply seek out counseling and a safe space, you took a proactive stance and decided to own your future. Rock on.
I'm happy that my girls all took to shooting. Although my wife is not into it, my key imperative to her and my kids is that, "if daddy goes down, you need to be able to pick up his gun and return fire so nobody else goes down as well". They all get it. My kids are into enough that they like to field strip and clean my guns. They are little safety mavens that can load and shoot all of my handguns and rifles. Safety and familiarity makes confidence. However, I wouldn't take a nap on the couch if there was a hammer lying around...

No rudeness taken. :) Unfortunately you had a horrible experience which gave you a unique set of filters to base your current perspectives. Where many would simply seek out counseling and a safe space, you took a proactive stance and decided to own your future. Rock on.
I'm happy that my girls all took to shooting. Although my wife is not into it, my key imperative to her and my kids is that, "if daddy goes down, you need to be able to pick up his gun and return fire so nobody else goes down as well". They all get it. My kids are into enough that they like to field strip and clean my guns. They are little safety mavens that can load and shoot all of my handguns and rifles. Safety and familiarity makes confidence. However, I wouldn't take a nap on the couch if there was a hammer lying around...

where I'm from, nothing is filtered, watered down, or sugar coated. Having a gun in my face...That's not the only thing I've been through. The 9.0 earthquake and tsunami in March 2011. The most devastating natural disaster in modern history, ever. I was involved just a hop, skip, and jump away from Fukushima Diiachi's front porch, if you will. That area and everything with a 80 km radius (or 50 miles to you Americans) is destroyed that includes the marine life where people would get their food. They now rely on the United States West and East coasts for importation of seafood and seaweed. Our native land will never be the same. Not in our lifetime, anyway.

You do realize that people that use firearm sites for information and connections usually frequent more than one.

Your name, avatar and story(s) are oddly familiar...........hmmmm.

I was thinking something was off lately. Since the post about her being hospitalized her posts took a dramatic shift in another direction.

Tomoko what's up?

That is rough. While not the same, I have 'alcoholic's disease', and it is easily irritated by alcohol:p

Ever make it to the Omak Stampede? When I lived on Colville (Colville Indian Rez, south of Republic) it was a big deal, something we looked forward to every year. I used to work security there . . . that's a whole 'nuther story though!
Are you familiar with Delta Gun Shop in Colville?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top