JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm Tomoko. I'm from Okinawa. But I have not been there since I was 15. I moved here to the US after I finished my foreign exchange program. Now, I help other Japanese come here to the NW and enjoy the freedoms we have here that otherwise are not available to the Japanese general public.

I'm Tomoko. I'm from Okinawa. But I have not been there since I was 15. I moved here to the US after I finished my foreign exchange program. Now, I help other Japanese come here to the NW and enjoy the freedoms we have here that otherwise are not available to the Japanese general public.

Hello,
My Mom grew up in Guam for awhile, a Marine brat. I love Leavenworth, being partial to farming orchards. Anyway, Welcome!

So, I am sure you know where this is?

DSC_4535.jpg

Habushu, yeaaaaah. Alcohol is a no-no for me. I have Crohn's disease so that can irritate it. :(
That is rough. While not the same, I have 'alcoholic's disease', and it is easily irritated by alcohol:p

Ever make it to the Omak Stampede? When I lived on Colville (Colville Indian Rez, south of Republic) it was a big deal, something we looked forward to every year. I used to work security there . . . that's a whole 'nuther story though!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you are interested in freedoms the US can provide. My wife had UC, and went through surgery recently so I understand the pain of Crohn's. We are a little further away, but if you ever want to go shooting my wife would likely be able to talk you up on guns and IBDs.

I was around 12 to 15. My grandpa crashed his Zero not far from there. They also found it in these concrete vegetated covered hangars the year I was born in 1988. It's been a long time. That island is basically one big military base now. Each yeah they're moving citizens out from there. Lots of people are not happy about that. Eminent domain they say. after I moved I went to high school and I lived in Shizuoka and then moved closer to Fukushima. I was living with my aunt and uncle at the time when the tsunami hit in 2011. I was just starting a new job that faithful day. I have been in the US now 5 years this October and then I will take the citizenship exam.

Shizuoka is the place I really miss. Lots of orchards, and farms of tea trees. I was really surprised to see a Costco not far had Ito En tea.
Welcome to the board, and a belated welcome to the PNW. Always a pleasure to bring good new folk to both.

Have you been interested in shooting for long?
since early 2013. From my (now) fiance. He passed me a 9mm Beretta. He told me to shoot at these cans. That was the first gun I shot. I want to get the new Wilson Combat Beretta 92G.

I was around 12 to 15. My grandpa crashed his Zero not far from there. They also found it in these concrete vegetated covered hangars the year I was born in 1988. It's been a long time. That island is basically one big military base now. Each yeah they're moving citizens out from there. Lots of people are not happy about that. Eminent domain they say. after I moved I went to high school and I lived in Shizuoka and then moved closer to Fukushima. I was living with my aunt and uncle at the time when the tsunami hit in 2011. I was just starting a new job that faithful day. I have been in the US now 5 years this October and then I will take the citizenship exam.

You've got quite an interesting story, I find it fascinating what brings people here. I've done some research on my own family, including my grandmother who came to the US through Ellis Island and became a naturalized citizen right after WWII.

Good luck with your exam and welcome in advance as a new citizen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top