JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I recently got a sharpshooter mold and cast up a batch of 00 buckshot. I have everything to load some up except a suitable powder. I've got a can of tightwad but I think its a bit too fast for this application. Loads in my manuals are calling for powders in the range of HS-6, Herco, Blue dot, 700x, 800x, PB, Universal, or SR4756. Since local shelves are bare at the moment, I thought I would reach out to see if anyone has a pound of any of the listed powders they could spare to get me started. Preferably somebody on the West side of Portland and I'm willing to pay a slight premium considering the state things are in to find reloading components these days.
Thanks for any help.

I have used red dot for all mine. I load 3 00 buck rounds with #8 shot @ 136ish grains of powder. Fun load :s0155:

I appreciate the advice but "136ish grains" of red dot sounds like a lot. Might be too much fun for me.
I'm planning to stick with published book loads and am looking for listed powders.

It Kicks thats for sure. I think that It's a bit more then some slug loads.

Dangerous words "I think" when it comes to reloading. Like I said, I'll choose to stay with verified, proven loads from a reputable manufacture. I don't want a Darwin award.

I don't load shot shells, but I have a pound of Winchester 571 . Check to see if that would work, If it does I'll sell it for $15.00 .

You can find HS-6 on the shelves still new.

That's what I use in my buckshot loads and it works like a charm.

I see HS-6 listed as a good load in my manual. Just haven't been able to find any on the shelves in my area and I don't really want to pay hazmat to order it. If anyone on the west end of Portland has a pound to sell or has seen it in stock somewhere locally, give me a shout.

I have an unopened 8 oz can of 800X I will sell you for $10, but the gas to get you here and back would cost more. :cool:

I'll be making a range run to TCGC in the near future and we could meet there if you are interested.

And nothing has been on the selves at Powder Valley since I made my last order there in early January and probably won't be for months, according to the rumors behind the news. All production is going into ammunition.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.