JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not kidding, it's a real thing! :eek:

Was at a match over the weekend and talking to a friend about finding the red dot on pistol presentation and doing it every time. Was saying that I found it takes a lot of practice and developing muscle memory, but that I hadn't mastered it yet. Someone overheard us and made the comment that if you bring your support hand pinkie in, and hold it firm, it'll bring your wrists down into a proper and repeatable position, thus curing the effects of a lazy wiggling pinky.

Life is much better now that I'm learning how to maintain a firm pinky. :s0023:

Public service message is complete, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programing.

Many do not realize the majority of grip strength originates with the pinky and ringer finger and not the index and pointer finger and that is how one controls in the vertical plane, driving the thumbs into frame controls the horizontal plane.

This is not how to hold a pistol...

Nd9GcRIGZGVpTlla-UIm-3xHGtjBBhjW67HQkDK6w&usqp=CAU.jpg

Not kidding, it's a real thing! :eek:

Was at a match over the weekend and talking to a friend about finding the red dot on pistol presentation and doing it every time. Was saying that I found it takes a lot of practice and developing muscle memory, but that I hadn't mastered it yet. Someone overheard us and made the comment that if you bring your support hand pinkie in, and hold it firm, it'll bring your wrists down into a proper and repeatable position, thus curing the effects of a lazy wiggling pinky.

Life is much better now that I'm learning how to maintain a firm pinky. :s0023:

Public service message is complete, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programing.
I bet life is much better now that you can maintain a firm pinky

Many do not realize the majority of grip strength originates with the pinky and ringer finger and not the index and pointer finger and that is how one controls in the vertical plane, driving the thumbs into frame controls the horizontal plane.

This is not how to hold a pistol...

View attachment 1239409
The dependence of grip strength on pinky makes something else obvious. I have always instantly detested any handgun that was so small that the pinky had to curl around under grip instead of being on grip. Undoubtedly having pinky as part of gripping the gun hugely affects stability as well as strength of grip.

wiggly pinky?, sounds like a bad girls dream.....
aaaaand just like that ,,,i'm banned.....
Reminds me of an oldie but goodie.
Parked car occupied by mature man and beautiful young teenage girl. Man says, "You know what this is?" Girl says, "That's a tee-hee." Man says "This is a c0ck." Girl says, "No. I've seen c0cks. And that's a tee-hee."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top