JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Pump, lever, bolt or break action - it's all the same to me.

I need a 20 gauge to take the wife and daughter out and try to get them interested in shooting skeet.

Requirements include: Cheap & Usable

NO Short Barrels please, full choke a plus?

Doesn't need to be pretty or even new, but mechanically sound is a must.

Thanks!

Preference givin to WA residents close to Vancouver.

I will meet at an FFL for Portland people for the right price.

EDIT: I would also like to use it for rabbit hunting possibly.

Last Edited:
Not sure if you're interested in buying new? But I saw these online recently - of course you have to cover the FFL/BGC fees (add about $25 or so) - still under $200 total:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=53819/Rossi Single Shot 20 28 MD SYN

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=59509/USSG 489674 MP18 Baikal Single Shot 20ga 24"

I've owned a Baikal single shot before - nice shotgun. Plus, both are 'Make an Offer' items, so you could get the cost down just a bit more - I've done that before with Bud's and saved a little cash. I'd start about $25 below their price and see what it says (if you've never tried it before - it's an automated process and responds right away, letting you know if you're too low, then lets you up the offer if they don't accept the first).

Good luck in your search. I just picked up a 20 gauge pump in a trade with Wayno just this morning. I'm looking forward to getting it out to the range.

Not sure if you're interested in buying new? But I saw these online recently - of course you have to cover the FFL/BGC fees (add about $25 or so) - still under $200 total:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=53819/Rossi Single Shot 20 28 MD SYN

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=59509/USSG 489674 MP18 Baikal Single Shot 20ga 24"

I've owned a Baikal single shot before - nice shotgun. Plus, both are 'Make an Offer' items, so you could get the cost down just a bit more - I've done that before with Bud's and saved a little cash. I'd start about $25 below their price and see what it says (if you've never tried it before - it's an automated process and responds right away, letting you know if you're too low, then lets you up the offer if they don't accept the first).

Good luck in your search. I just picked up a 20 gauge pump in a trade with Wayno just this morning. I'm looking forward to getting it out to the range.

Thanks for that info!

I'll look into that a little later and see what it looks like =).

I'd hopefully like to pick up an old used one for dirt cheap but $200 isn't unreasonable for a new one.

You rock etrain!

Happy to help. I'm betting you might also find a local shop that may not have them but would order one in for you - maybe that would save some cost on the transfer.

I don't see many used 20's available out there - and when I do they're usually expensive ones. New may be your best route. Good luck!

Could be 2 things - your browser (I use Chrome) and you also have to be logged in before they will let you make an offer. I just did one about a week ago and it went through just fine on a different gun.

Joe, I know how tight money is right now, thanks to this economy. Let me butt in, for a moment...If you want to make skeet shooters out of your wife and daughter, I would suggest getting a gun that is decent and made for skeet shooting. If you start them out on a single barrel 20 gauge bargain basement used gun not choked for skeet, it might just cause them to lose interest in the sport 'cause they ain't gonna' hit any birds. Very dis-heartening for a beginner. Now, it just so happens that I have a Remington Model 1100 20 gauge skeet gun with an extra modified choke barrel. I haven't shot it in over 15 years. It's been in the safe and only taken out for cleaning. I'll sell it to you for $400 and throw in a couple boxes of shells. I know that is's not in your price range, but this is a gun that you can use for the rest of your life for skeet and hunting, too. Plus it's beautiful.

Do you have a layaway program?;)

That isn't in my price range but if your not in a hurry to sell it and wouldn't mind waiting for me to amass the cash, I would be interested in investing in something to have long term.

Could you send me a few pics?

I'll start a convo here in a few.

Joe, I know how tight money is right now, thanks to this economy. Let me butt in, for a moment...If you want to make skeet shooters out of your wife and daughter, I would suggest getting a gun that is decent and made for skeet shooting. If you start them out on a single barrel 20 gauge bargain basement used gun not choked for skeet, it might just cause them to lose interest in the sport 'cause they ain't gonna' hit any birds. Very dis-heartening for a beginner. Now, it just so happens that I have a Remington Model 1100 20 gauge skeet gun with an extra modified choke barrel. I haven't shot it in over 15 years. It's been in the safe and only taken out for cleaning. I'll sell it to you for $400 and throw in a couple boxes of shells. I know that is's not in your price range, but this is a gun that you can use for the rest of your life for skeet and hunting, too. Plus it's beautiful.

That 1100 is too nice for what I'm looking for, which is hard because it is a beautiful gun.

I'm looking more for a biker babe then a beauty queen though I think.

Thanks again for the offer!

So things didn't go quite as planned with my shotgun purchase…

After getting advice from people here and a few friends I adjusted my focus.

I started to think of what else I could use a 20 ga for because of the high chance that it won't get much use if it's only for my girls to shoot.

I had already decided to get into rabbit hunting this year and would like to try it with a shotgun instead of a .22 because of the area I'm looking at frequenting.

My inherited shotguns are very heavy, so i figured this would be a good opportunity to "upgrade" my purchase to something I would want to use often. That and I have a simi and a pump but no break barrels; I always have wanted a side by side coach gun.

I think what I wound up with is a good compromise between light, functional, easy on the eyes but used so it's not perfect (thats good for my OCD, I hate dinging new things…), and it's 20 ga.

It's a 26" Stoeger Uplander Stainless 20 ga SxS. It has "Duck's Unlimited" Stamped on the sides and bottom of the receiver along with the duck head symbol. I have no idea if that adds to the value or not, it wasn't really a deciding factor for me.

pic1_zps601f53e1.jpeg

pic2_zps485643b9.jpeg

pic3_zps2b0cae0f.jpeg

The stainless was what kept tugging me back to this gun. It was a good deal I think and that's good enough for me. I had to sell a .22 pistol to make up the difference but that wound up better anyway because buying the shotgun didn't increase my gun count with my wife lol.:D

I picked up a box of 7, 6, & 4 shot to see what works best for me with the chokes that are in it. I may end up ordering a set if I can't get a pattern I'm comfortable with.

So for now I'm set on 20 gaps ;)

Thanks to everyone that helped out!!!:)

Ooooo, that's a pretty shotgun. I'd say you made a fine choice. The only problem is I think you've managed to make me now want a gun I didn't even know I wanted before. Enjoy!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.